Can you all stand one more question about Allegrissimo?

Inishmore

:confused: After reading a lot of great feedback from CC posters, we've decided we will likely go ahead and purchase one of the two Allegrissimo packages. (We are sailing out of Miami in August.) I realize that all of us traveling together (family of 4) will need to purchase the same package.

We have friends who have decided to join us on the cruise, and we're hoping that we can all dine at the same table in the MDR. Does that family have to purchase an Allegrissimo package too? I'm unclear on whether it is based upon who is traveling together or who is dining together. I'd hate to miss a week of dinner with our friends if they do not purchase an Allegrissimo package.

Can someone please set me straight? Thanks a bunch!

I'm patiently counting the days until our sailing. Can hardly wait! I come to these boards every day to read the new posts. :D

:confused: After reading a lot of great feedback from CC posters, we've decided we will likely go ahead and purchase one of the two Allegrissimo packages. (We are sailing out of Miami in August.) I realize that all of us traveling together (family of 4) will need to purchase the same package.

We have friends who have decided to join us on the cruise, and we're hoping that we can all dine at the same table in the MDR. Does that family have to purchase an Allegrissimo package too? I'm unclear on whether it is based upon who is traveling together or who is dining together. I'd hate to miss a week of dinner with our friends if they do not purchase an Allegrissimo package.

Can someone please set me straight? Thanks a bunch!

I'm patiently counting the days until our sailing. Can hardly wait! I come to these boards every day to read the new posts. :D

This offer is available on selected departures (Canary Islands, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, United Arab Emirates and Antilles, including MSC Grand Voyages to Winter destinations and MSC Grand Voyages from Canary Islands, United Arab Emirates and Antilles). Book before you depart to get the best possible deal.The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the Specialty Restaurants. The following items are not included in this offer: cigars and cigarettes; champagne; premium brands; drinks from the mini-bar and water provided in your cabin, souvenir glasses and all food served in Specialty Bars and Restaurants. Other excluded items are detailed in the onboard Bar List, indicated with an asterisk.The package is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchased on a daily basis. It must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation.The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the allinclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded.

I didn't realize that if you are dining together but have separate staterooms, the other passengers would need to purchase the package as well. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Thanks Mikesa1721. Just what I needed to know. Our friends are not big drinkers, so if we want to dine together at the same table, sounds like we will have to forego Allegrissimo, or they will have to purchase it. Disappointing policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Mikesa1721. Just what I needed to know. Our friends are not big drinkers, so if we want to dine together at the same table, sounds like we will have to forego Allegrissimo, or they will have to purchase it. Disappointing policy.

I'm glad you posted this question. We have family members who are linked to our booking, and even though we are in the Yacht Club, and our family members are not, if they purchase the Allegissimo package,,we would need to as well. So,,I called MSC this morning and had them unlink our bookings.

Just don't link the friends to your information. Once onboard go together to the maitre d and have them put you guys together at a table. That would be your best bet.

My advise go to facebook.com and go to MSC cruises and ask a personal message.............I have found this is the best and quickest way to get a legitimate answer..........they are fast and thorough...........I have been very pleased since I discovered this way to communicate...........I cannot believe that a cruise line would expect everyone in your party to purchase a drink package...........stateroom...yes I get that..........they don't want people to share...without paying.......but at the same table.........it doesn't make sense.......I've travelled Celebrity many times and had the premium package and always ordered san pelligrano water at dinner and they were more than happy to give to all my table mates...........no worries...........good luck....

My advise go to facebook.com and go to MSC cruises and ask a personal message.............I have found this is the best and quickest way to get a legitimate answer..........they are fast and thorough...........I have been very pleased since I discovered this way to communicate...........I cannot believe that a cruise line would expect everyone in your party to purchase a drink package...........stateroom...yes I get that..........they don't want people to share...without paying.......but at the same table.........it doesn't make sense.......I've travelled Celebrity many times and had the premium package and always ordered san pelligrano water at dinner and they were more than happy to give to all my table mates...........no worries...........good luck....

Aussie,,,good to see you got your cabana, back on topic though,,,MSC states anyone linked to your booking and dining at the same table with you, must have some level of the allegrissimo package if anyone associated with that booking has purchased it. I called my PVC this afternoon and he verified it. I found it quite odd to say the least.

Edited by Mikesa1721

I agree that FB messaging is a quick way to get a response. However asking them to change a policy already published, they're not going to do that. The quick response will be the policy. The example you quote from celebrity is the reason! people that are friends share and will pass on the the drinks they get with others. The waiters onboard may not care, but the company will care about lost revenue.

I've always shared water whether paying for it or on Allegrissimo, I can't drink an entire bottle by myself. On Allegrissimo, when they have left a wine bottle, I've allowed others not on the package to have a glass. These are not people I've chosen to cruise with but strangers I've been seated with and gotten to know.

It is a policy but my experience is that it is not hard-wired into their on board systems.

On my last MSC cruise, we were all on different packages at the same table.

I would book Allegrissimo .

Annie

Amo, Bosjoe, and others are right, you unlock any connected bookings so non-drinkers in connected bookings don't have to buy the drink pkge., and then as soon as you get on the ship, go to the maitre d, (On our cruise he had a table set up with a laptop at the lower level, left side entrance of the Black Crab), and ask for specific table assignments! They are extremely accommodating on the Divina!

BUT, it is first come first served! So if you're late, of forget, or don't bother right away, its your fault!:eek:

We asked for a table for 2 in a specific dining room because our cruise was an anniversary cruise, as soon as we boarded the ship around noon, and as typical of most responses from the Divina employees, they said 'no problem'!

Edited by American Bear

I agree that FB messaging is a quick way to get a response. However asking them to change a policy already published, they're not going to do that. The quick response will be the policy. The example you quote from celebrity is the reason! people that are friends share and will pass on the the drinks they get with others. The waiters onboard may not care, but the company will care about lost revenue.

I've always shared water whether paying for it or on Allegrissimo, I can't drink an entire bottle by myself. On Allegrissimo, when they have left a wine bottle, I've allowed others not on the package to have a glass. These are not people I've chosen to cruise with but strangers I've been seated with and gotten to know.

I totally understand...I do..........but here's my question....we are travelling with a group of 4, but I always ask for a large table if we are a small group just to meet more people...one of the joys of cruising...I have such a large cruise family now.....and love them all....so you are saying if the ressies aren't linked they don't have to reciprocate...my little group linked because we booked guarantee rooms and wanted to be close to each other...........so in order to stay linked we all pick the same package?....and if we unlink we could be further apart......but not have to reciprocate.......I only worry because we go premium and I'm not sure they want to.......just trying to clarify...

I totally understand...I do..........but here's my question....we are travelling with a group of 4, but I always ask for a large table if we are a small group just to meet more people...one of the joys of cruising...I have such a large cruise family now.....and love them all....so you are saying if the ressies aren't linked they don't have to reciprocate...my little group linked because we booked guarantee rooms and wanted to be close to each other...........so in order to stay linked we all pick the same package?....and if we unlink we could be further apart......but not have to reciprocate.......I only worry because we go premium and I'm not sure they want to.......just trying to clarify...

Linked or unlink will not guarentee your rooms will be next to each other or close by, as you booked guarentee cabins. You can only hope they are.

Linked will let you sit together, but makes everyone in your party to purchase the same package.

You can stay linked and check every so often online to see if your cabins have been assigned, once assigned to everyone, you can unlink them and each group purchase the package they would like, then once on board go down to the maitre d and put your party together at a big table.

Linked or unlink will not guarentee your rooms will be next to each other or close by, as you booked guarentee cabins. You can only hope they are.

Linked will let you sit together, but makes everyone in your party to purchase the same package.

You can stay linked and check every so often online to see if your cabins have been assigned, once assigned to everyone, you can unlink them and each group purchase the package they would like, then once on board go down to the maitre d and put your party together at a big table.

Agreed, but you need to be onboard early to maximise the chance of your table being reassigned. If you turn up after the masses, they may not be able to change things around so you get both the seating you want and sit with whom you want.

• 1 month later...
Just don't link the friends to your information. Once onboard go together to the maitre d and have them put you guys together at a table. That would be your best bet.

Has anyone successfully done this? I can't convince all the members in my group to get the Allegrissimo Premium package with me. Some of them just don't drink alcohol and my attempts to convince them by telling them all of the non-alcoholic beverages they can get did not work. I would just get the Escape vouchers and be done with it but I don't want to have to carry around paper vouchers and I KNOW my child will lose hers. Sigh.