Skipping CocoCay

Because of tendering, I know that ships will skip CocoCay or depart early. What is the wind limit?

Once on the Majesty, they switched tendering from the starboard side to the port side, using the ship as a break wall for the tenders. The ride back to the ship was choppy, and boarding the ship was a bit of a challenge.

The next day while in Nassau, the Monarch docked around 4pm. It wasn't supposed to dock until early the next morning. From what I heard from crew members, the Monarch had dropped anchor at CocoCay, anticipating the winds to die down and permit tendering. When the winds didn't slow, the decision was made to make a run for Nassau and arrive before dinner, giving passengers an opportunity to get off the ship at dinnertime.

You'd be surprised what conditions they will take on to get you to the island. The last time, I was shocked we were able to make it. It was so choppy, people on the bottom were getting soaked....it was crazy - especially for the person strapped into their wheelchair at the front.

You'd be surprised what conditions they will take on to get you to the island. The last time, I was shocked we were able to make it. It was so choppy, people on the bottom were getting soaked....it was crazy - especially for the person strapped into their wheelchair at the front.

:eek: Sounds like it was a very unpleasant tender ride!

LuLu

:eek: Sounds like it was a very unpleasant tender ride!

LuLu

It was an adventure, which I'm always up for! I definitely suggest sitting up top though. My worst fear is that we'd sink and be unable to get out of the bottom....

Granted, like the ship, the higher you go the more you move!