Clothes steamer

kapcruiser

Unfortunately no:mad: They will confiscate it when you board, but you'll get it back at the end of your cruise.

True. Our BF's packed one and were called to the "naughty" room to unlock their suitcase as CCL spoted it on xray. CCL kept it for them till the last morning and they had to go down and retrieve it before we disembarked. You can hang things in the shower and steam them up by running the hot water. Not as good as a steamer but does work.

It is technically not allowed but I have taken one on my last several cruises. I take the small travel one by Joy Mangano available on HSN and it works very well.

PLEASE people....there is a reason one is not allowed to take a steamer and it for EVERLYONE's safety!!! Good grief...I don't care if you bring your rum runners or liquor in mouthwash bottles because those things won't cause an overloaded electric board or fire. Candles, irons, and steamers can cause a fire! On a Ship.....,.in the middle of the ocean. :eek:

Please someone tell me the difference between a steamer and curling irons and flat irons. I use none of the above but isn't it true all could be fire hazards. I think a steamers is a lot less dangerous than a curling iron and a cigarette, which people throw from deck to deck...just a thought after the last post...

Most curling irons and flat irons have auto turn off when not being used.

If they see a curling iron and flat iron that looks in disrepair (or a fan or any other electric gadget) they will confiscate it too.

I agree that cigarettes are dangerous fire hazards....for sure!

Edited by momof4boys

Please someone tell me the difference between a steamer and curling irons and flat irons. I use none of the above but isn't it true all could be fire hazards. I think a steamers is a lot less dangerous than a curling iron and a cigarette, which people throw from deck to deck...just a thought after the last post...

I agree that although the hair irons have auto shut off, I don't what the big deal is, as they are just as dangerous as steamers. I have an Oreck that I have been taking onboard since I've been cruising, and have never had a problem. On the other hand, I have seen curling irons sitting on the desk left on waiting to start a fire before the auto shut off feature kicks in.