Royal Court Theater entertainment/productions (fall 2014)?

maina

When we did a transatlantic on Queen Mary in 2012 (June) RADA had a resident company on the ship and we enjoyed 2 very well-done productions by them (abbreviated versions of "Merchant of Venice" and Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales"). I think they did some acting classes as well. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what might be in store for us on the October 8th westbound crossing, or at least who is doing productions in the Royal Court theater? Are the Cunard singers and dancers all there is? And what are they doing lately for shows? (I realize it may be too early for any specifics.)

In addition to the Cunard Singers & Dancers shows, there will be other entertainment that varies from sailing to sailing - a comedian, a singer, a violin/flute/piano player, that sort of thing - which you may or may not have heard of or seen on an earlier cruise.

We've just completed a 10th Anniversary eastbound crossing and they didn't do a single show. All they did was back other acts with a single dance routine. When I mentioned it to the Entertainment Director he just shrugged his shoulders!

I was on the May 9th crossing. Attended my first RADA performance, not my cup of tea but most folks thought it was very well done and the Royal Court Theater was virtually full. I do not remember what it was but not the titles you mentioned. The Royal Court Singer and Dances performed two full shows in addition to the guest artists who were great - except, personally, not too keen on magicians. On the May 16th crossing, one of the girl singers left the ship unexpectedly in NY, thus productions show could not be done on that sailing. A male dancer was out during my crossing, but they can cover for that and probably most in the audience did not even realize the absence. Cunard hired a new production company late last year and they are suppose to take over the shows on the QM2 sometime this month so you will be seeing all new shows. Some passengers from the Queen Victoria who joined the QM2 on the 9th, were not impressed with the new company who were already performing on the QV- "marginally good" - obviously dancers had "no ballet training." To be fair, not enough info to judge and of course, so subjective. I believe the new company has a good reputation and not new to the business - hoping for the best..................