Volendam will add Lanai cabins and MIX

InTheWASide

Was checking out a possible cruise and for better or for worse, here you go. Looks like there are lanais (cat CA) now:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=vo_2&deck=lp&deep=0

Wonder if that means Volendam has Mix now too since it would seem Zaandam already does from another post

Edited by InTheWASide

Check the ship on the right. HAL's website sometimes changes ship when one changes deck. No lanai on the Volendam.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by MrOZ

check my screenshot... I wonder if it's already been refreshed but what I screenshot and posted above is definitely reflecting volendam... I know it's small... room numbers are reflected as on their plans etc (4 digit room numbers, not 3 etc)

Perhaps it depends on browser and if cookies or info is cached?

Who knows... maybe it's a sign of things to come... it's not a clone of Rotterdam's LP deck... they seem to be just forward of mid elevators only.

The rooms it lists as Lanai are on port side:

3334-3358

And starboard side:

3333-3361

I checked in two different browsers all those staterooms are not listed as Lanai's in either and they are four digits.

check my screenshot... I wonder if it's already been refreshed but what I screenshot and posted above is definitely reflecting volendam... I know it's small... room numbers are reflected as on their plans etc (4 digit room numbers, not 3 etc)

Perhaps it depends on browser and if cookies or info is cached?

Who knows... maybe it's a sign of things to come... it's not a clone of Rotterdam's LP deck... they seem to be just forward of mid elevators only.

I did check your screen shot and like I said, the deck plan I see when clicking on your link has all blue, category D, cabins where your screen shot changes to the CA cabins. I have no clue why you have a different deck plan on your screen than the rest of us, but apparently you do.

If it is a sign of things to come, then I sure hope it is after the two cruises we have booked on the Volendam. Those will be our final cruises on her, if that is the case.

I think it's the HAL website that has the problem. I just checked the Zaandam deck plans and on the upper promenade -- it shows the on the left side the way the deck is laid out, and on the right side lists all the types of staterooms .. however this is the deck with the Ocean Bar and the Piano Bar, etc. So I think the deck plans are a tad 'messed up'. When I checked the booking sites there isn't an CA available for booking on the Volendam, however.

Just found this in the small print:

NOTE: Category CA, Lanai staterooms

are not available until Dec 22, 2014.

Until then, they are Category D.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlans.action?ship=vo_2&deck=lp&deep=0

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/deckplans/vo_2.pdf

Thank you. Not how I was pulling the deckplans up but at least it shows I haven't gone off the deep end :)

I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying that the Volendam is adding Lanai cabins during that dry dock. If you do a search on the HAL website for cruises on the Volendam post dry dock, they aren't showing the Lanai category as an option. Doing that same search with the Rotterdam instead, you'll have Lanai showing - along with the regular interior/ocean-view/Vista suite/Neptune suites. If the Volendam were having those cabins converted to Lanai cabins I'm sure HAL would want to sell them as such.

Who knows what is going on with the HAL website, but I sure hope my interpretation is correct.

Edited by Mary Ellen

I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying that the Volendam is adding Lanai cabins during that dry dock. If you do a search on the HAL website for cruises on the Volendam post dry dock, they aren't showing the Lanai category as an option. Doing that same search with the Rotterdam instead, you'll have Lanai showing - along with the regular interior/ocean-view/Vista suite/Neptune suites. If the Volendam were having those cabins converted to Lanai cabins I'm sure HAL would want to sell them as such.

Who knows what is going on with the HAL website, but I sure hope my interpretation is correct.

This is also something that I only noticed today and I've been following VOlendam closely as we're potentially planning a cruise next year on her. It didn't appear this way yesterday. Perhaps this is something so new not everything is showing yet.

Thank you. Not how I was pulling the deckplans up but at least it shows I haven't gone off the deep end :)

Deleted, someone posted while I was typing.

Edited by kjw869

I see nothing that has changed. And, if HAL wants me to consider another sailing on Volendam or Zaandam again, there had better not be any lanai cabins!

I strongly object to having my ability to use any available deck chair on Lower Promenade Deck restricted!

I duplicated it, but if you look at the bottom for the printable version it indicates you are looking at deck 6 on the Ryndam.

a3e6u9ag.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Except Ryndam doesn't have those midship elevators or that room number configuration

Not sure why people are so reluctant to accept this upcoming change.

This from a cruise info website:

The Holland America Signature of Excellence enhancements and new features include striking new public areas, a plethora of stateroom upgrades, and an expanded enrichment program. New décor, soft goods and carpeting are featured throughout, as are completely renovated bathrooms. But the biggest changes to Volendam’s accommodations are new Spa staterooms and the Holland America’s innovative Lanai staterooms. The Lanai staterooms access directly onto the walk-around lower promenade, while the Spa staterooms are located near the Greenhouse Spa and offer Holland America exclusive amenities such as organic cotton bathrobes, yoga mats, fountains, special room service menus and wellness treatments.