booked room for 2 but they canceled

Booked sept 28th on Magic. My buddy won't be able to make it, if I want to do a solo what will I need to do?

I wouldn't do anything unless you can find someone to go in his place. If you booked under ES, you won't be able to change names without penalties.

Don't do anything. Don't notify Carnival. Because if you do, they will keep his money and then charge you a single supplement. But if he is just a no-show the day of the cruise, you don't pay anything extra. So just check in at the port without him.

I've run into this before, and that is the way to go. Just go and have fun!

Are you still outside of the penalty phase? If so, I'd check the prices and see if your cruise is one without a single supplement.

If so, you would save money by cancelling and rebooking or something similiar. Remaining quiet is only a good idea if you are Early Saver, inside of penalty, or don't have insurance.

Not to hijack this thread, but...

My hubby and I booked a cruise, Early Saver, for October. He is looking for a new job. From what I could see, a solo cruise costs pretty much the same as we are paying for two of us. IF he gets another job and IF he doesn't have any vacation time, I should just show up without him rather than try to switch to a solo cruise?

My hubby and I booked a cruise, Early Saver, for October. He is looking for a new job. From what I could see, a solo cruise costs pretty much the same as we are paying for two of us. IF he gets another job and IF he doesn't have any vacation time, I should just show up without him rather than try to switch to a solo cruise?

Yes

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

To keep things simple, leave it as it is. If it turns out you want to continue to pay off the cruise for 2, and if you opt to go alone, have him a no show. With a no show, you'll get his taxes and fees reimbursed to you.

People have had this type of job situation before. Some new employers will grant the time off, but he must mention it's already booked and paid for. Of course others won't. I had this happen to me and was lucky enough to be granted the time off shortly after starting a new job.

If he doesn't expect a refund, just go by yourself. Tell them at check in that you expect him later and then he will just be a no show.

He didn't say WHO paid for the cruise. Did just one of you pay for both or did each pay their own? Wondering why it was paid off so soon?

We just paid for it to have it paid for so we didn't have to worry about it. He doesn't want the money back and told me to go ahead and go and find someone else to go if they wanted to....would I have a fee if I did a name change? I looked and it seems to be $50?

We just paid for it to have it paid for so we didn't have to worry about it. He doesn't want the money back and told me to go ahead and go and find someone else to go if they wanted to....would I have a fee if I did a name change? I looked and it seems to be $50?

I have gone to online booking and simply edited the guest info (name, birthday, address, etc) without having to go through Customer Service, and there was no fee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Don't do anything. Don't notify Carnival. Because if you do, they will keep his money and then charge you a single supplement. But if he is just a no-show the day of the cruise, you don't pay anything extra. So just check in at the port without him.

I've run into this before, and that is the way to go. Just go and have fun!

In a normal non ES booking before final, they do not keep his money and charge a single supplement.

Are you still outside of the penalty phase? If so, I'd check the prices and see if your cruise is one without a single supplement.

If so, you would save money by cancelling and rebooking or something similiar. Remaining quiet is only a good idea if you are Early Saver, inside of penalty, or don't have insurance.

I guess so

OP says Booked sept 28th on Magic.

There is no fee if done before final payment date

I'm confused. Isn't the single supplement paying double occupancy for 1 in a cabin? If that's the case, they've already paid for 2. So what would he be charged on top of that?

Thanks for the info everyone....now I have the issue that I kinda want to go alone lol but I also would like to take someone so I'm not bored.

So... Im on a sailing on sept 27, just pick a little later sailing and I'll gladly come along....