loved Enchantment

I have enjoyed reading CC for a couple years now and learn so much from all the reviews and insight all you cruise enthusiasts give. This is my first post, prompted by my recent wonderful cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. DH & I decided last minute to cruise for an early anniversary celebration. It was our first time cruising alone since our honeymoon 25 years ago. We have been cruising with our son who is now 20 and didn't want to go with the old folks. We decided to cash in some RC Visa points & splurge on a GS. Wow! That is a beautiful cabin. We loved the huge balcony. This cabin gave us access to the CL which we enjoyed every night. It is a nice quiet place to enjoy a drink & the view of the ocean. We met nice people in there too. Enchantment is very beautiful, as is all of RC ships. The Solarium was always quiet and the Park Café had a good assortment of sandwiches, salads, cookies, etc. The ship is in very good shape all over with lots of activities. We enjoyed all the shows, especially comedian Phil Palisoul. Since we really just wanted to relax this cruise we did not go to formal night but opted instead to take the Champaigne Sunset Catamaran Sail excursion offered by RC. This was truly a highlight of this cruise. It was very relaxing and the beautiful sunset in Nassau harbor was incredible. There was about 20 people on board & we all talked & got along really well. If you are looking for something different to do in Nassau this is a real treat. I would recommend Enchantment of the Seas. It might not have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but she is not lacking in elegance and fun.

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of drawing fire.... Glad you liked Enchantment. I just can't adjust to that ship for some reason. I wish I could. I wonder what am I doing wrong when I sail on her. She is only 40-45 minutes from our home and just don't care for that ship at all. I am loyal to Royal and loved Monarch deck nine cabins, believe it or not, love Freedom, Indy, really love Brilliance. Our beach days used to be at Coco Cay but we just must be doing something wrong when we go on Enchantment, after trying twice we have given up. Thus not cruising as frequently used to do 3-4 per year. I find the strong chlorine in the Solarium irritating to my eyes, the main pool deck too loud and the midnight sail away deafening even from the bow of the ship. Had a GS where we could hear the WJ carts at 5AM every morning and at night at 11PM. All ideas are appreciated. Maybe we just don't have the hang of this ship, although never had difficulty or adjustment dilemmas to any other ships. :eek::confused:

We cruised on Enchantment when they had the "rusty water" problem. Do they still have that?

We had an OS (first time) and could not even use the whirlpool tub in our room (the water was so RUSTY - it left a ring in the tub). NASTY! We had to drink bottled water.

It was our worse cruise ever!! We were right at the front of the ship under the windjammer and in the middle of the night they decided to replace part of the floor. They were using drills, saws, and the noise was terrible. This happened on two nights, we finally got up out of our bed and went up to see what they were doing and found them replacing some of the wooden part right over our room. We called and complained and they sent us a bottle of wine. Worse cruise EVER!!

We didn't cruise with RCI for a few years after that - went back to HAL but now we are back and have had only good experiences.

Please......mpoole3. Can u find out for sure what included in the nonalcoholic package ($20 p/day). What virgin frozen drink can we get? Any special iced lattes from their coffe shop? I get so many answers but I wanna make sure since u r boarding her. Thank u. I'll be on her in July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just looking for a quick pick-me-up cruise for Spring Break next year, and Enchantment pops up as a viable option. Thanks for your comments, I will investigate it further. I LOVE sailing out of Canaveral!

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

Glad you enjoyed your Enchantment experience.

The 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 5 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png