5 July 2015 ~ Scandinavia and Russia on Brilliance of the Seas

Hi everyone

We've booked the Grand Tour with Alla tours in SPB. They were recommended by friends who also advised that the two days were full and we may regret it if we book something for the evening - think we'll take their advice!!

Not long to go :D

Has anyone had any luck with transfers to port from London?

Taking the train from Liverpool Street station is quick and easy. Harwich International station is just a few steps from the ship.

Taking the train from Liverpool Street station is quick and easy. Harwich International station is just a few steps from the ship.

Thank you. We have booked the train return, let's just hope it all works as we have a midday train from London to Paris the same day as disembarkment. :eek:

We need four more to register for meet and mingle for it to go ahead, so go on join us. It will be a great way to meet people.

Sylva.

Edited by Naomigruis

Hi everyone

I have just joined the Meet and Mingle and at that point there were only 16 people booked so if it is to go ahead then we need more folks.

We are from the UK (Kent - just south of London) and can't wait to get on board. We are looking at tours this weekend so we will check out the alternatives with TJ tours etc before we book - thanks all for the tips.

We have also booked the train from Liverpool St station.

I will check with the rest of our group(2 Adults+2 kids)don't think they signed up yet !

Sorry Grammy! Just signed us up so the headcount is 20. :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone. This is going to be an amazing trip!

Jessica

Hello,

We planned this cruise as a family vacation. It will be 4 adults and our 3 children (9 year old boy, 6 year old girl and 7 month old baby). We are planning on booking an excursion with TJ travel for St. Petersburg. We are looking at the Standard excursion. If anyone doesn't mind traveling with a baby and wants to book with us, send me a message.

We are so excited for this cruise.

Hi there! We are traveling with our 2 girls (ages 5 & 6) along with my parents (CruisingGramsof2). We have already booked with SPB Tours in the majority of ports & are doing their 2 day Deluxe in St. Petersburg. Your family is more than welcome to join up with us if you'd like! I'm sure our girls will find each other on board the ship at the very least. :)

Jessica

Traveling with our 10 & 13 year-old daughters, and booking a tour with best guides SPB while there.

I like them because they limit group size to max 12, and the pricing is very competitive...

Essentially, for the "Best of Tour", it's $285 US for adults, and $257 US for kids.

If we get a group of 6 (2 more) total, then they'll start to offer discounts of up to 5% or more.

Check the website for more information here: http://www.bestguides-spb.com

And feel free to respond to me - or PM me directly.

We're getting excited about the trip!!

Hi All,

Strange place to find the roll call! Anyways we are in our early 50's traveling with our 21 year old twin daughters. In St Petersburg we've booked the grand tour with Alla tours, others ports looks like will be doing our own thing. That is except for Helsinki, where we'd to visit Porvoo, however ships excursion look a bit pricey. Will sign up for the meet and mingle.

And we are a go, have received this email from RCI

Dear Sylva Liet,

CONGRATULATIONS! We've met the 25-person minimum for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Community Meet & Mingle you helped organize for the Brilliance Of The Seas on our Jul 05, 2015 sailing. During the cruise, registered guests will receive an invitation in their stateroom with the day, time, and location of the Meet & Mingle. You can meet your fellow cruisers on the Royal Caribbean Roll Call or Message Boards online at the Cruise Critic community and invite them to join the get together when you click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/meetandmingle.cfm. If you have any questions about your Meet & Mingle, check out the Frequently Asked Questions online at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/meetandminglequestions or e-mail us at Xplora@rccl.com.

Get out there!

Xplora

Royal Caribbean International

40 days to go today

Sylva

Hi

Looking forward to this cruise, only done a tour of the Caribbean one before. Me and the hubby from England.

Have signed up for meet and mingle, so 28 now I think.

Still trying to decide on excursions, have been to Copenhagen before so may just visit the royal palace. St Petersburg is the tricky one. I don't think I can face a 16k walk! Need something slightly easier.

My husband is a keen geocacher, any others out there?

Will keep researching. Let me know if you have any further ideas or need someone to join your tour.

Have booked some restaurants and getting quite excited.

See you soon

Ahoy Fellow Cruisers! My husband, daughter, and I will be joining on the Brilliance July 5. We just decided at the last minute so I am scrambling to make transfer arrangements and research the fascinating ports. Our first cruise was on the Brilliance in 2007 so we can't wait to see the recent enhancements. We are from Texas so hoping the Baltic will be nice and cool this summer!

• 3 weeks later...

21 days to go and we will be all boarding - if I'm this excited with three weeks to go i think i will resemble a little puppy that jumps all over the place by the time we hit embarkment!!!!

I see our group is up to 32 confirmed for meet and mingle, a nice size group now!!

sylva

Oh the excitement!!! We just booked ourselves on the Comfort tour with Alla tours after many hours of reading reviews and comparison they seem to do what we are looking for.

If anyone is interested see below:

Dear Friends!

We would like to invite you to join us for the 2-day St Petersburg Comfort tour. This tour is a well balanced combination of sightseeing, excursions, and breaks for rest.

Max group size is 16 people.

The tour is available as a separate tour and as a part of a 2-3-4- or 5-city package.

Please contact us for more details on your personal account or at info@alla-tour.com.

Look forward to your requests!

see you all soon!!

:)

Edited by rosepetal_irl

So Very Very excited!!!!!

10 days until we all board, Pete and I leave for England in 3 days with a Dubai stop over.

Many of us will be starting our journeys in the next few days, keep well, stay safe and enjoy.

Looks like our get together is 11am day two of the cruise, looking forward to meeting everyone

Sylva.