5 July 2015 ~ Scandinavia and Russia on Brilliance of the Seas

We thought about doing the excursion not ftom Royal. We never schedule the excursions through the ship. We just felt this time with the visa issues, we would go with the ships excursion. I was afraid if a company went out of business or if Russia stopped using them as certified tour company we would be stuck on the ship. We thought wed try the evening tour for dinner in russian home privately. It sounds so interesting!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to look at things like drink packages and specialty dinning and have to say I am getting a little excited.

One thing that is stressing me out is the formal nights, we are on a three month European trip with very limited room in our luggage and I don't really want to bing to many 'formal' clothing with us. How do others contend with this issue? Any ideas would be great.

Sylva

Hi,

We are booked for this cruise and we are a family group of 8 adults

! Looking forward to this for a long time!! Staying in London for a few days prior and hoping to stay in Helsinki a few days after. Anyone have any suggestions???

Welcome to the group cruzn4me4ever,

Best suggestion is to register to meet and great on board so we can have a little get together so me wan all meet in person!!

Other than the the HoHo bus in England is a must if you have not visited before.

Sylva

• 3 weeks later...

My mom (75) and I (54) will be on this sailing and I can't wait. We have booked the Comfort Tour from Alla Tours in St. Petersburg. Hopefully the itinerary is attached. If anyone else wants to join us, go to their website and sign up. We decided on the less strenuous version of the tour so Mom isn't worn out. Only a 114 days from today and we sail!

Alla Tours.pdf

109 days to go....YAY!! We are so excited about this one. Got a great offer on drinks & OBC too so it's already a trip to remember

regards

Rosepetal_irl a.k.a. Bridget & Joe from Ireland (we also signed up to meet & mingle so we are up to 8 people now!!)

Edited by rosepetal_irl

• 2 weeks later...
thinking of booking this cruise,

do we need a visa for any of the ports visited.

thanks, Paula

Hi Paula,

This would depend on where you are from but for us Aussies you only need a visa for Russia and as the only way to get one easily is to book a tour it is then taken care of for you.

Most have booked private tours but you can also do the RCI tour.

Sylva

thinking of booking this cruise,

do we need a visa for any of the ports visited.

thanks, Paula

We are from the US. Only Visa needed is for Russia. If you book an excursion with RCCL, they take care of it. We booked with TJ Travel for the two day tour, and we had our Visa's in hand in less than a week. They took care of everything. You can find them online, and Trip Advisor has excellent reviews on this company.

We like the smaller groups the company has (vice the ship's huge groups) and the price was better too!

Hi all

Just found this site!. We have booked this cruise for my husbands 50th and our 25th Wedding anniversary, it's our first cruise so a little nervous, but excited at the same time!.

We have just registered for the meet and greet. Look forward to meeting up with you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Nous sommes 2 et voyageons sur le Brilliance of the Seas et aimerions créer un groupe francophone pour un tour français à St-Petersburg les 10 et 11 juillet 2015 Nous pendrions le tour avec TJ travel.

I gave them a link to their particular sailing. They want to form a french group tour in one of their ports of call. I at least pointed them to the right thread. IF they find any other francophones there - not sure.

Mon épouse et moi cherchons à créer un groupe de francophones pour faire une excursion de 2 jours avec TJ Travel à St-Petersburg . Plus nous sommes dans le groupe et moins c'est coûteux pour un maximum de 16 personnes. Cette excursion serait beaucoup moins dispendieuse et plus personnalisée que celle offerte par le bateau de croisière.

Hello,

We planned this cruise as a family vacation. It will be 4 adults and our 3 children (9 year old boy, 6 year old girl and 7 month old baby). We are planning on booking an excursion with TJ travel for St. Petersburg. We are looking at the Standard excursion. If anyone doesn't mind traveling with a baby and wants to book with us, send me a message.

We are so excited for this cruise.