Is MSC getting more expensive?

Alex71

How does $249 sound for inside with a ship credit of $135......they seem to be really giving them away......and on all the lines......Norwegian, Celeb, Carnival, Princess, Hal and RCCL

7 nights departing June 7, 2014 on

Princess' Coral Princess

Brochure Inside $1,189

Our Inside $249

Brochure Oceanview $1,329

Our Oceanview $299

Brochure Balcony $2,979

Our Balcony $599

Brochure Suite $2,329

Our Suite $2,278

Book now and receive a FREE per cabin onboard credit of US$135 on select inside and oceanview categories or US$210 on select balcony and suite categories

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sat Jun 7 Anchorage (Whittier), AK 8:30pm

Sun Jun 8 Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising) 3:00pm 8:00pm

Mon Jun 9 Glacier Bay National Park, AK (Cruising) 7:30pm

Tue Jun 10 Skagway, AK 7:00am 8:30pm

Wed Jun 11 Juneau, AK 6:30am 4:00pm

Thu Jun 12 Ketchikan, AK 10:00am 6:00pm

Fri Jun 13 At Sea

Sat Jun 14 Vancouver, BC, Canada 7:30am

When you're talking about a ship that is not full 2 days from sailing, I would expect them to be almost giving them away. Even at give away prices, the consumer will most likely be spending money for shore excursions, drinks, upscale restaurants, tips, souvenirs, etc....

These are very expensive prices for Transatlantics.

My recent Transatlantic on Independence of the Seas from Miami to Southampton was $950 solo for a balcony with the Diamond balcony discount. This was not a last minute price but booked months in advance with no solo supplement.

You hit it on the head with the one way itineraries from Alaska to Vancouver.

Add on the one way flight to Anchorage hotel and transfer (at least $900) and somehow not such a deal. Then 200% solo, or double the price, and again it is not a real bargain.

Now the sailings round trip Vancouver would be but not at the prices you quote.

It can be a bargain if you book a B2B so you end up where you started from.

7 nights departing June 18, 2014 on

Princess' Island Princess

Brochure Inside $1,219

Our Inside $329

Brochure Oceanview $1,339

Our Oceanview $379

Brochure Balcony $1,989

Our Balcony $749

Brochure Suite $2,299

Our Suite $899

Book now and receive a FREE per cabin onboard credit of US$135 on select inside and oceanview categories or US$210 on select balcony and suite categories

These prices seem to be all over....I had always thought of just staying on the ship....7 days up and 7 days back.....cheap that way and do not have to worry about air to or from Alaska...I priced out the Norwegian Sun and for 14 days was $500 up and $300 back...with two bottles of wine and strawberries....lol....

anyways this is way off topic about MSC can their prices....so lets get back to that ...sorry about going on about cheap Alaska......

Sidari....yes some of the big cruise companies have cheaper prices and offer better deals.....than the actual cruise line site....I always compare and find differences but not always....pays to check around.....and yes there are discounts for some occupations...who knows why or when....ie...firemen, police, military and the list goes on....but not on all lines I do not think....Hal, Msc, Norwegian do....

Ken ... no matter which large or small Travel Agent you use in the UK the price is the same as the cruise lines! they brought this in last year, as for discounts the only one offered here by some is an over 55`s other than discounts by the cruise line for being part of their club`s.

Some like RCI only offer a discount if you book a Balcony or above but at least MSC offer the 7, 10 and 20% discount regardless of what cabin you book or what profession you are or were employed in.

7 nights departing November 1, 2014 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Divina

Brochure Inside $1,200

Inside $319

Brochure Oceanview $1,500

Oceanview $459

Brochure Balcony $1,700

Balcony $629

receive a FREE per cabin onboard credit of US$50 on select inside, oceanview, and suite categories or US$150 on select balcony categories

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sat Nov 1 Miami, FL 7:00pm

Sun Nov 2 At Sea

Mon Nov 3 At Sea

Tue Nov 4 St. Maarten 9:00am 6:00pm

Wed Nov 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00am 4:00pm

Thu Nov 6 At Sea

Fri Nov 7 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Sat Nov 8 Miami, FL 7:00am

Just scanned MSC prices per day and really noticed that all the ones in Europe are in the range of $120 per day on the low end and and way up...average seems to be in the $150 ball park..but the poor old Divina has too much competition in the US market????? so prices have to be really low to get customers....too bad as the ship is great....any thoughts on the US market for MSC

Just scanned MSC prices per day and really noticed that all the ones in Europe are in the range of $120 per day on the low end and and way up...average seems to be in the $150 ball park..but the poor old Divina has too much competition in the US market????? so prices have to be really low to get customers....too bad as the ship is great....any thoughts on the US market for MSC

I love the US market for the Divina. I got my Dec cruise back when it was still $299 (guess they sold enough cabins because the price is now back up to $599). A friend of mine booked his last summer and got an Oct cruise for $199!!! Cruising in Europe has always been more expensive than cruising in the Caribbean. Don't really know why but that is usually the case and it doesn't matter which cruise line you are sailing.

I love the US market for the Divina. I got my Dec cruise back when it was still $299 (guess they sold enough cabins because the price is now back up to $599). A friend of mine booked his last summer and got an Oct cruise for $199!!! Cruising in Europe has always been more expensive than cruising in the Caribbean. Don't really know why but that is usually the case and it doesn't matter which cruise line you are sailing.

U.S. sailings have always been the lowest cost per day. I assume this is due to a few factors: yes, terrific competition, discounting agencies, lower port fees, fuel and consumption taxes and the reliance upon generously tipping Americans to compensate for low wages.

Cruising is still widely regarded as a luxury holiday for the rich in Europe. If people expect to pay high cruise fares, most will.

If it weren't for the cost of flights between Europe and the U.S. and the nightmare U.S. immigration procedures, those Caribbean sailings would be swamped with cheapskate Europeans, like me :).