Military Discount on NCL

GLW513

Recently I read on one of the threads that NCL offered military discounts. I had already booked a cruise to Bermuda in October. However, when I contacted my Travel Agent she told me that they only way to receive a military discount the ticket must be purchased through a military travel office. Is this true?

Nope or certainly not according to the information sent to me by my boss. I haven't booked any yet so can't give much information, but I would suggest you go back to your TA and ask where she got the information. You may want to just call NCL and ask them. I know you should never go to the cruise line when you have a TA and I shouldn't suggest it, but unless someone else can give you a clear answer you may have no choice. NMNita

Yes, this is accurate. To receive an interline/military rate, the reservation must be booked by an interline T/A. Most military bases/airline HR depts. have them, and there are some larger ones easily found thru a google search. :)

Not fully accurate- You would need to book through a t/a that is able to book Interline/Military rates. Yes, the t/a's on the base can book those rates, but there are other agencies that can as well. I know of a few large online t/a's that book them.

Not fully accurate- You would need to book through a t/a that is able to book Interline/Military rates. Yes, the t/a's on the base can book those rates, but there are other agencies that can as well. I know of a few large online t/a's that book them.

What wasn't accurate?

What wasn't accurate?

The OP was told by their t/a -"However, when I contacted my Travel Agent she told me that they only way to receive a military discount the ticket must be purchased through a military travel office"

Technically, it's not correct b/c they can book through any t/a that offers Interline/Military rates; they don't have to be a specific military agency.

Archived