RCCL Excursions Cozumel

egb925

We're headed to Cozumel on the Allure (FIRST TIME ON A CRUISE! SO EXCITED!)

Anyway, I'm looking at excursions and I see the Chakanaab stuff. We've got a 12 yr old and 3 yrs old. Some people book the excursions through the boat, some just get a taxi and head over there. Can anyone say what they did or in general what they did through the cruise line with their young kids?

Thanks!!

I've been to Cozumel twice and both times we went to Chakanaab via taxi and not through the cruise line. Prices for taxis with how many people riding are set and posted on a sign so there is no haggling or getting stiffed by the taxi drive. You will also save yourself a bunch of money by booking directly, and put down which ship you are arriving on so that if there is an issue and boat doesn't dock in Cozumel you can get a refund.

We just grabbed a taxi and went to the beach for the morning. We left about the time the hung over college students showed up (Spring Break). We headed back to the ship for lunch and a change of clothes, we then caught another taxi downtown and walked around shopping. The kids both got the most awesome spray painted artwork to hang on their walls. The artist customized the paintings for each of them. That was 7 years ago and they still hang on their walls.

We always choose one port to just walk around and that was our choice.

Anyway, I'm looking at excursions and I see the Chakanaab stuff. We've got a 12 yr old and 3 yrs old. Some people book the excursions through the boat, some just get a taxi and head over there. Can anyone say what they did or in general what they did through the cruise line with their young kids?

Thanks!!

You should also check out the Cozumel Port of Call board for lots of good info.

So we would book directly through the Chakanaab website vs. just taking a cab when we got there? Sorry, we're totally new to all this.

book through their website and print the documents. Day in Cozumel, get off the ship and grab a taxi to Chakanaab. One word of caution would be to get an early time slot if swimming with dolphins, Ship time will be 1 -2 ahead of Cozumel time, and you want to make sure you are back on the boat. I was just on thier website this morning and they have some nice deals going if you are before the end of the year.

Thanks!!

I have lots pics and commentary about Chankanaab here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556

scroll to page 6, starting at post #102 ("DAY 6 - Cozumel")

There is also a smaller tots/kids beach area for parents/small kids to wade into the water, as well as a pool right by the Dolphin area.

We just grabbed a taxi and went to the beach for the morning. We left about the time the hung over college students showed up (Spring Break). We headed back to the ship for lunch and a change of clothes, we then caught another taxi downtown and walked around shopping. The kids both got the most awesome spray painted artwork to hang on their walls. The artist customized the paintings for each of them. That was 7 years ago and they still hang on their walls.

We always choose one port to just walk around and that was our choice.

This is exactly what we do. Unless you do the dolphin swim I don't sign up ahead of time. Although they used to have $ off coupons online. Cozumel is the easiest Island to do on your own. If you go shopping ask to be dropped off at the town square. Go one block inland and they have the same items a lot cheaper. If you go with the ship you are stuck there all day, on your own you have more flexibility and cheaper. Great gift idea or for yourself, Mexican vanilla is the best! I'm almost out so it's time for another cruise (I need an excuse) ;)