First Timer Questions about Arcadia.

BrisbaneGran

Next question...always causes arguments on most Boards but seems its something "allowed" on P & O. ALCOHOL for your cabin? Is it true that we are allowed to take our own drinks on board for consumption in our own cabin? We don't spend a lot of time in Bars on the ships, but prefer to have a drink on our balcony. As we are boarding in our own home town, so luggage restrictions wont bother us as they usually do......are we also allowed to bring our own mixers and bottled water?

You can bring your wine & spirits/mixers onboard. From our port in Southampton we bring some champagne, wine & a couple of bottles of spirits along with our mixers to drink on the balcony. I would advise you to bring this in your hand luggage though.

You can also bring them from any port you visit if you need to "top up"

We are going on a 24 night Caribbean in November so will buy my rum there :)

We had a "free" drinks package on our last cruise with Celebrity (our first with them) & enjoyed the cruise so much so we booked another onboard for next year (again with the free drinks package) but we still like P&O BUT if they stop us bringing our drink on for our balcony use I'm afraid we will go to other lines.

We tipped after each world sector on the 1/2 world this year for room attendant and for room service attendant as it tends to be the same one. We used room service a lot for breakfast so felt it was warranted but if you don't then $2 Oz would be plenty per delivery. We loved our Arcadia trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I've tried, and have no idea how these technical things work, but when I try, somehow "it" know I am in Australia, so a pop up appears telling me I have to phone or call my TA. Guess that's what I have to do!

Download and use TUNNELBEAR - simples:D

On the alcohol question, on Azura in May we ordered a litre bottle of Gordon's gin for in cabin consumption, priced £20. It was delivered together with 12 cans of slimline the same afternoon(£9.95). At 47% proof far stronger than available back home. So working out the cost per drink it was approx 50p plus mixer. A no brainer as far as we were concerned, and no point in struggling with carrying it from home. Then as regular cruisers the on board discount at 10% made the bottle the equivalent of £18. Happy cruising!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app