chair & umbrella rentals Horseshoe & Elbow

mrstravel

Hi,

I believe I saw that there were chair and umbrella rentals for $11 each at Horseshoe Bay. Does anyone know if there are rentals available at Elbow Beach and how much they cost? Also, are there rentals available at any other beach that people know of and how much do they cost?

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

In the past, rentals have been available at the public portion of Elbow Beach at times, but reportedly not always. I guess it depends on whether the vendor shows up that day.

Rentals are available at Tobacco Bay (near St. George's).

Warwick had bathrooms at the top of the hill sort of where the bus let's you off. There is a bathroom in between Horseshoe and Warwick along the beach path at the end of the paved parking lot you cross. I did not see chair rentals at any of the south shore beaches except for Horseshoe.this is one of the reasons we brought an old sheet and carried two foldable chairs - so that we could enjoy those less- traveled beaches.

We just got back from three beach days in Bermuda on the Summit on Sunday. There were lounge chair and umbrella rentals (no towels) on the public part of Elbow Beach last Wednesday when we were there. I thought I heard $50--could have been $60. We did a day pass at the Coco Beach hotel on the other side of the Elbow Beach Hotel for $59 pp--we got lounge chairs, umbrella, two towels each, changing rooms with showers, pool, and a delicious two course lunch with wine or beer. I thought it was a great deal. We stayed from 10am to 7pm when we took the bus into Hamilton for the Harbor Nights. Great day!

Went to Clearwater in St. David on Thursday--ferry to St. George and then the "FUN BUS" to the beach. $10 each for lounge chairs. No need for umbrella--there are trees if you want shade. Gombays beach bar has 2 for 1 rum swizzles-$6 for two--buy one, get one free with your FUN BUS ticket.

Horseshoe on Friday $11 for each chair and $11 for the umbrella.

First time to Bermuda in August. Does anyone know if people take their own umbrella ?? My husband wants to bring our travel one cause we will be at the beach several times and we cannot sit in the sun without it .... $$ it would be a savings also but i'm not sure if anyone does this ??:confused:

First time to Bermuda in August. Does anyone know if people take their own umbrella ?? My husband wants to bring our travel one cause we will be at the beach several times and we cannot sit in the sun without it .... $$ it would be a savings also but i'm not sure if anyone does this ??:confused:

I saw someone on the bus last year with his own umbrella and this year a couple had their own umbrella at Warwick Long Bay. We took a beach tent because I need shade - we LOVED it!

Happy Sailing!

We were at elbow beach on Friday and we rented two loungers and umbrella for $50 from elbow beach resort. Pricey, but that sun is brutal. If I do it again I'd travel with my own umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would love to know more about the fun bus to clearwater beach .

Can't find any info. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

We did not take the "fun bus" but took the regular bus. We had gone to Hamilton first because I wanted to buy the book of ticketes rather than a 3 day pass. From Hamilton we took the #10 bus, told the driver we wanted to go to Clearwater, he told us when it was time to get off and free transfer to the #6 bus - need to remember to ask for the transfer. The #6 runs on the 15 and 45 min after the hour, but only one of them goes out to Clearwater (right now I can't remember which one it was). Then on the return, we just reversed because we wanted to stop in Hamilton for Harbor Nights. On the way back to Hamilton, we stopped at Swizzle Inn for a snack since we would be getting back to the ship late.

Thank you.

I was familiar with this route. I was looking for taking the dockyard to st George and and hooking up to a minibus to Clearwater. I thought you might have held the key ;)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I saw someone on the bus last year with his own umbrella and this year a couple had their own umbrella at Warwick Long Bay. We took a beach tent because I need shade - we LOVED it!

Happy Sailing!

.....but there was a family of about 5 that had come on the bus, 3 of them had chairs and they were cruisers.

1. I personally would not want to lug a beach chair on to the cruise ship.

2. I personally would not want to take the chairs on a bus and have the other riders get mad at me for bringing them on.

3. As a plus, at Horseshoe Bay that is a savings $11-12 per chair or umbrella, but you have to carry them BACK to the ship when done too.

I'm always looking for a good deal, but considering what I spent on the cruise, the extra $40 or so for the chairs/umbrellas is well worth it for me so I don't have to carry them around.

wasiii