Need quick Nassau advice

Jillbus

We just booked a last minute cruise as a graduation gift for our daughter (she was valedictorian!) and we are stopping in Nassau. It will just be the the 3 of us. We are teachers and need to do everything on a dime (a very small dime). We would like to eat lunch somewhere (some good Bahamanian food), go to the beach, and do some "outdoor market" shopping. We could really use some quick advice as we sail next Friday.

Thank you so much!

PS-I have been to Nassau once with my Parents, so I am a little familiar with it.

We just booked a last minute cruise as a graduation gift for our daughter (she was valedictorian!) and we are stopping in Nassau. It will just be the the 3 of us. We are teachers and need to do everything on a dime (a very small dime). We would like to eat lunch somewhere (some good Bahamanian food), go to the beach, and do some "outdoor market" shopping. We could really use some quick advice as we sail next Friday.

Thank you so much!

PS-I have been to Nassau once with my Parents, so I am a little familiar with it.

Try http://www.bahamiancookin.com, excellent local cuisine. It's a few short blocks from the ship. The entire walk there is the shopping district.

Junkanoo Beach is public access (free) and within walking distance from the ship :)

Free walking tour maps of Nassau can also be found online.

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

You can walk to the " Fish Fry " which is all local food in one area, many different restaurants to choose from and very affordable and then on your walk back along the beach you come to Junkaroo beach, which is free and they also have a small Tiki Bar and vendors there. Then on the way back to the ship you can stop at the straw market. Everything you were asking about and at very little expense. To get to the Fish Fry you would go out the Terminal building and turn right , follow the street around Senor Frogs and past the Hilton on your righr, stay along the beach about 1/2 to 1 mile, not exactly sure and you will arrive at the fish fry. On your way back you pass Junkaroo beach. you also passed it going to the Fish Fry. I think you would enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to fish fry on Saturday. Ate at Curly's! Awesome! You get a free Bahama Mama with your meal! Free wifi too ! The conch was amazing!

The beach was right next to it and we lived it! There are no chairs no water sports, but several good and drink vendors. It was an excellent place for some beach time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Went to fish fry on Saturday. Ate at Curly's! Awesome! You get a free Bahama Mama with your meal! Free wifi too ! The conch was amazing!

The beach was right next to it and we lived it! There are no chairs no water sports, but several good and drink vendors. It was an excellent place for some beach time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the report. I am looking for some easy ideas for Nassau.