Experience for a widow

traveled

I am looking for a cruise line that is not only for couples. I will be traveling solo and know I can handle everything except for meals. Do they have a special table for solo guests? If some one has traveled this way would they give me their experience. Thank you.

I am looking for a cruise line that is not only for couples. I will be traveling solo and know I can handle everything except for meals. Do they have a special table for solo guests? If some one has traveled this way would they give me their experience. Thank you.

Hi,

I haven't travelled solo, but am aware of the singles meet and mingle and singles tables.

A friend who i met on Seabourn, who usually travelled with her elderly mother,went on her first solo cruise on Seabourn last year and has never looked back, she said she was inundated with offers to join people for dinner.

She would not hesitate again, seabourners are generally very friendly and it is a very welcoming environment.

Hope this helps!

about dinner companions. My husband and I sailed with Seabourn for many years; I have been on Seabourn as a widow for 8 years now and feel I am part of the family. Let reception know that you would appreciate dinner invitations (from entertainers and officers) and you will receive them daily; you can accept or deny an invitation if you wish. The hosted tables are usually for 8-10 people, giving you chances to meet fellow passengers.

Seabourn officers and staff are vey friendly and empathetic. Each time I return it is to familiar faces who welcome me "home".

Winnie

We have travelled for a number of years with Seabourn and invariably meet single women (often widows) traveling on their own, and particularly when invited to join a hosted table for dinner.

On our most recent cruise (Mar/Apr 2014) we were joined by my wife's sister whose husband is too ill to travel. Seabourn excelled in making sure that every night she was invited to join a table with other guests (if she wanted) and asked if there was anything that she needed assistance with.

This is an aspect they do really well.

There may or may not be other singles -but not to worry. Seabourn passengers are the friendliest and you will find yourself having to decide which of several invitations to accept. There are community tables in the Colonnade, but you can approach just about any table and ask if you can join them, or ask the Maitre D to place you with some friendly people. (Give him a day or two to know EVERYONE on the ship during which time he will know who are friendly and fun!) Also, play Trivia, and you will automatically have 7 other friends - and if there are indeed 7, then there is apparently another single. Go on excursions; there are a fair number of passengers (myself included) who separate from their partner so there will always be an odd number and you will even it out! The most challenging feat you will encounter is how to find time alone. Enjoy, which you will!

Edited by Pop-I

Definitely alert the MD and the office staff you would like to be invited to hosted tables. You will never have to dine alone. Also, follow the previous suggestions of asking to be seated with others. People are very friendly on Seabourn,