Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

We had Ray Carr on our Panama Canal cruise in May. A very nice guy, from Seattle. A huge sports fan! Ask him about his dog, and the squirrels he received on our cruise. He hosts a great Trivia, too.

Carmelo in baristas is a hoot. He is from Sicily and an expert barista. Very funny. Makes a great latte. He just came to Oceania from Crystal He reminds me of Bruno Tognoli on Dancing With THe Stars. Same flamboyant humor. I will be spending a bit of time with him I am sure

Only downside of Baristas is that in the evening the person on duty doubles as the bartender for the GDR servers. YOu have to squeeze in your order between drinks.

CC Meet & Greet at 3 today.

Still working on the photo issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Only downside of Baristas is that in the evening the person on duty doubles as the bartender for the GDR servers. YOu have to squeeze in your order between drinks.

I thought in the oringinal concept that barristas would close at 6pm & become a bar as usual

Is this not the case??

[quote name='LHT28']I thought in the oringinal concept that barristas would close at 6pm & become a bar as usual
Is this not the case??[/QUOTE]

Not officially. There is the big espresso machine and I ordered a latte and got one. No snacks or biscotti however And no Carmelo

Seems silly to close it. Many enjoy an after dinner latte or espresso. The coffee in the Terrace is not as good.

I will ask

[quote name='Marisha115']Thanks for all the great photos! Loved seeing the Balinese day beds.[/QUOTE]

More to come
Really tedious doing one at a time
I will post each day
I have lots more photos

If there is any particular thing anyone wants a photo of let me know

We were on the Regatta for her last sailing before refurbishment....sad to see all of the furniture, rugs, etc. stacked up and torn out on the last morning. In fact, the farewell show as held the 2nd to last night and the main lounge was closed on our last day in Victoria while it was completely gutted. There was a line up of dumpsters on the dock in Victoria and they were filled with lots of furnishings, rugs, etc.

If possible, would love to see an up close picture of the grill in the terrace. That was a source of constant conversation on our cruise, trying to figure out how they would redo the Terrace serving area to fit in the grill.

Thanks and enjoy your beautiful suite - your verandah will be the perfect place to enjoy your day at the glacier!!!!

[quote name='LadyCruisers']Pics of Toscana, Polo Grille and Horizons (during tea if possible). You sure did get some upgrade after you took their "downgrade offer". Congratulations. Appreciate your observations and pics.

Barbara[/QUOTE]

Just went into polo. Unchanged. Here is photo of smokers' cage in horizons