Pros & Cons of Outside Cabin on Promenade Deck?

Also consider, if sailing Volendam or Zaandam, the inside-out I-cats at the back of the boat on Nav Deck. They're the remnants of the inside-outs (outside cabins sold as insides) which were also sold in the past on LP deck but changed to HH outsides IIRC late last year.

We were in I7086 on Zaandam last September for an Alaska cruise and found the cabin quite convenient. It was shaped slightly different than the typical inside cabin, being more "square". The "obstructed view" was actually a staircase which did obstruct the view of I7083 but we had a clear view aft. The pool was forward of us so these two cabins are completely isolated. I heard no noise from the deck above and only the rare closing of the sea door, mainly in the morning.

I stood naked in the room many a day after a shower and had no problems with people coming down the stairs staring icon_smile.gif. The windows were quite reflective during daylight, even on cloudy days (it was cloudy/rainy most of our trip).

We did walk LP deck in the evening and did see some folks neglected to draw their drapes and could see into their cabins when lit from the inside. We didn't stop and stare icon_biggrin.gif

Hope that helps!

Pat

Archived