Expectations vs Reality; or There and Back Again – A Dude’s Holiday

Staceman225

Outstanding Review - nothing worse than the old weeklong minute by minute review of someone's trip. Your observations were fantastic.

I do have one thing you'll appreciate binocular related. We were on the Splendor two weeks ago. We did Half Moon first , our second time there and I'm in full agreement , a cabana , though pricey , is the only way to go.

Anyway , our second port was St. Thomas , and right after we docked the Giant Mother of the Seas docked right next to us. I think it was The Allure. Anyway , the Splendor is not a small ship , but this thing dwarfed us. So I'm sitting on our balcony , staring at the 4 to 5 thousand balconies on the side facing us , and I told my wife I really wish I had brought the binoculars because there had to be a least one nekkid person walking around one of those rooms with the curtains open. My wife just laughed and gave me the old " sorry honey , maybe you'll see naked girls somewhere else on the cruise." Two days later we're in Grand Turk , docked next to one of the small Aida cruise ships. Wife and I are on the top deck playing miniature golf. We finish up and are walking back to the stairs when all of the sudden I hear this screeching noise that sounds like an 18 wheeler locking down its brakes . I turn around and see smoke coming from my wife's tennis shoes. She's staring at this guy , doing his best impression of a young Greek God , on the top deck of the Aida ship who had just walked up there and dropped everything to get some sun. So now I'm about to give her 4 different kinds of hell for staring at this spectacle when these two young ladies , right out of central casting for Playboy magazine , strut up the stairs to the same deck. I immediately decide not to chastise my wife , mainly because I think I lost the ability to talk or even put a rational sentence together. The only thing I was praying for at that point more than a pair of binoculars was the hope that these two young ladies would feel the need to heed all of the doctors warning about sun and skin cancer and start slathering sun tan oil all over each other. Alas , that didn't happen , but I did learn that binoculars are indeed an essential packing item for any future cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a friendly update from Dude's eldest daughter. We are happy to announce that we are sailing once more in June. Dude has already sat us down for many a family meeting (20 or so) to discuss the finer points of cusing- including deck plans, excursions, and how to "whip and nae nae". This time we will be crusing with Dude, wife, Eldest(23), Middle(14), and Brat(4). Be prepared.

This is a friendly update from Dude's eldest daughter. We are happy to announce that we are sailing once more in June. Dude has already sat us down for many a family meeting (20 or so) to discuss the finer points of cusing- including deck plans, excursions, and how to "whip and nae nae". This time we will be crusing with Dude, wife, Eldest(23), Middle(14), and Brat(4). Be prepared.

That would be the finer points of cruising, not cusing. I didn't teach my 4 year old to cuss.

Firing up the popcorn machine. Can hardly wait to hear the details. :)