Expectations vs Reality; or There and Back Again – A Dude’s Holiday

Staceman225

Thanks y'all! I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did putting it together. And isn't fun what cruising is all about?!?!?

One more pic. I said before that I was a fan of John Wesley Austin even before the cruise. Well, here is JWA with Thor.

IMG_2819_zpse6d12026.jpg

At work, we have been running full speed since right after Christmas. That's good (job security and all) but I was totally worn out and ready for a break. I was so keyed up for this vacation I could not help myself. I had a countdown app on my phone, I wrote a song about the cruise, I wrote some poems about it, I wrote a song to Wife rewriting the words to Copacabana to Half Moon Cabana, I drove Wife CRAZY building the perfect playlist...

I was going nuts. That's when I started writing the "Expectation" pieces. I geeked way out over all of this. I even had a list of pics to make. It sounds silly now but I really enjoyed the prep time.

I still have the song and some of the poems if anybody is interested.

Thanks again and I'm glad you enjoyed my contribution.

And by the way - on our second cruise, there was someone who really was drunk by muster - an older couple. It was a great learning experience for our children. Yeah.

Edited by Staceman225

Bring on the song lyrics. I love Saturday night on the computer waiting fro Kruise Karaoke. Step up the mike and let er rip. I love parodies.

BTW you have the best writing technique I've ever read on CC. My EXPECTATIONS were exceeded only by my ribs hurting from laughing.

Great job Dude.

I loved your review, Dude!! Your fast and funny review had me laughing out loud...we seem to have the same sense of humor :D.

I'm glad that you and the wife had a fun time. Happy sailing.

Gina

We carry Uno cards for the same reason...

On our HMC day, it was pouring rain. We hustled to grab a picnic table in the middle of the shelter closest to the food, and spent the day playing cards with whomever chose to join us.

We had between 2 and 11 people at the table -- heckling and revenge were encouraged, and all had a blast. It literally rained ALL DAY, and we still counted it as one of the most fun days of the cruise.

Loved your review! You seem like a fun person one would like to meet on a cruise. I think it's great that you had such an awesome time in anticipation of your cruise. I always say that anticipation is part of the enjoyment of any vacation so kudos to you! Thanks for sharing, as a matter of fact, I copied the part of your review where you spoke about your experience with FTTF for a friend that is going on a Carnival cruise for the first time so that she can see how someone who has done it feels about it. That's the beauty of these CC boards, you get all kinds of information and opinions. So again, thanks for sharing!:D

This is my song - Half Moon Love Affair.

I was listening to Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude at the time so you can use that song as a meter.

We first met sailing the Caribbean Sea

And from that moment you set my spirit free

Your exotic voice is like a melody I once knew

I would give up a lot to spend a little time with you

Everybody has faults and Lord knows I’ve got mine

But the perfection of your curves hint of the Divine

Oh I wish I could stay here forever with you

Where the sky meets the sea in a fantasy of blue

So wild and serene

Such a lovely scene

With the tropical breeze in your hair

We swam and we dined

Had a heck of a time

When I had a Half Moon love affair

You’re a natural beauty, not a single flaw on your face

It’s heaven on earth to be nestled in your embrace

An island vision with so much Caribbean charm

I feel you calling, I long to be back in your arms

To lie in a hammock resting in the palm of your hand

To bury myself in the warmth of your sultry sand

I love an island, and it may be right or wrong

Maybe next time, I’ll let the wife come along

So wild and serene

Such a lovely scene

With the tropical breeze in your hair

We swam and we dined

Had a heck of a time

When I had a Half Moon love affair

Edited by Staceman225

Are you and Mr. Lawn (HeyYouKidsGetOffMyLawn) related? ;)

Great writing style.... loved reading about your adventure! Fascination is a great ship - one of my favs!

Thanks for taking the time. :)

Are you and Mr. Lawn (HeyYouKidsGetOffMyLawn) related? ;)

Great writing style.... loved reading about your adventure! Fascination is a great ship - one of my favs!

Thanks for taking the time. :)

To be honest I haven't read his review. I've been in a whirlwind since I got back. I'll check it out though.