Tracy Arm Fjords and glacier explorer cruise and the Glacier Walkabout excursion

webeinky

My wife and I just booked our 1st cruise to Alaska via HAL on the Zuiderdam. We are considering doing Tracy Arm Fjords and glacier explorer cruise then later that day doing the Glacier Walkabout excursion in Juneau. Has anyone done both in the same day? Are we trying to put much in one day? These both seem like excursions not to miss. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

We are doing the Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer Cruise with Allen Marine roundtrip from Juneau on our upcoming cruise and I know it is a full 7 hour excursion. Even with a very long day in Juneau I would probably be hesitant to add anything additional because you would likely be on overload. I have done the similar excursion with Adventure Bound a couple of years ago and honestly we were exhausted (in a good way!) when we got back to town and just wanted to kick back and have a relaxing dinner. I don't know if I would have been up to jumping on another excursion, especially a physically demanding one. And I am usually the one who pushes our little group the hardest!

I disagree. No way would I consider this "overload", IF you are getting part of the Tracy Arm drop off from your cruise ship? Tracy Arm is seen far more completely with this add on. Doing a helicopter tour when you get to Juneau makes excellent use of your port time. Enjoy your day.

My response was based on the thought that you would be doing the round trip out of Juneau as we are which is quite a lengthy excursion. If as Budget Queen points out you are doing the excursion directly from your ship in Tracy Arm you would likely have time and energy for both excursions since that Tracy Arm excursion requires a smaller time commitment since you don't have as much transit time.

karatemom2

We are doing the Tracy Arm Fjords and glacier explorer cruise through the cruise line. They will pick us up at the ship at Tracy Arm before we get to Juneau and then drop us off at the dock in Juneau. So this excursion is only 5 1/2 hours long for us. This is a bit different for us.

We would do the Tracy Arm Fjords and glacier explorer cruise 10:00 am to 3:30 pm then the Glacier Walkabout excursion 5:30 pm to 8:30

The ship is in port until 10:00 pm