Just off The Fantasy this Morning

RBC Hokie

Bookmarking the thread. Haven't made reservations yet, probably April. Thank you for positive review!

Are the shows always that late - 10 and 11?

The family shows are at 7:30 and 8:30 and the adult shows are at 10:00 and 11:00

We were on this cruise as well! It was my second time on the Fantasy...I really like this ship. Fantastic crew! Pete, the cruise director, was funny and very nice. The food was good, there was a variety of entertainment, and despite huge rain showers when we first got on the ship and some rocky waters/wind the first day or so, we had a fantastic time!

We were on this cruise as well! It was my second time on the Fantasy...I really like this ship. Fantastic crew! Pete, the cruise director, was funny and very nice. The food was good, there was a variety of entertainment, and despite huge rain showers when we first got on the ship and some rocky waters/wind the first day or so, we had a fantastic time!

Glad to hear you all had a fantastic time as well. Was a little rocky/windy the first few days but not too bad at all.

Although I've never been on the Fantasy, I've been on Fantasy class ships and really like them. I think a 7-day cruise would be great. I wish Charleston wasn't so far away. I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Thanks we had a great time on the Fantasy really enjoyed the 7 day cruise. Hopefully you can get down that way one of these days.

This is my first review and our first cruise so hopefully I get it right lol. We arrived in Charleston around 9:30am on the morning of the cruise. We parked right outside of port and walked over and walked around on the docks for a bit and watched some of the smaller boats on the water. A little after 10 we decided to go ahead and go on in and see if they were letting anyone park yet. Got to the gate and the security officer said they were only doing early luggage drop off right now. So we went ahead and did the early luggage drop off which was quick and easy we were the only ones there at the time. Took about 10mins we had fttf and they put the orange stickers on out luggage right away as soon as they seen out fttf luggage tags. We had a case of water sitting in the trunk also and the guy asked if we wanted him to check the water with out luggage also so we wouldn't have to lug it on board with us. So we said yes thanked him and gave him a tip. So all we ended up carrying on board was a couple backpacks which was really nice. We then proceeded on thru the cones and stopped at the next point where a few people were standing and checked our boarding papers and said that they weren't parking anyone until 12 and for us to come back in a couple hrs and we could park. More to come hope I'm doing ok so far lol.

RBC Hokie ... Thanks for this. Wish we could have been with all of you (had to cancel this cruise) and have enjoyed reading. Hopefully, we'll be cruising with all of you on another 7 day cruise on Fantasy at some point. :)

LuLu

RBC Hokie ... Thanks for this. Wish we could have been with all of you (had to cancel this cruise) and have enjoyed reading. Hopefully, we'll be cruising with all of you on another 7 day cruise on Fantasy at some point. :)

LuLu

Your Welcome and we plan on taking another 7day cruise on the Fantasy as well.

Which suite has a whirlpool tub in it and is it worth on this ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Fantasy also. We had a Grand Suite. That is the only suite they have on the Fantasy. It has a whirlpool bath. It is a huge cabin. The ship is old but well preserved. The crew was great. We had a great cruise.

I would not hesitate to take another cruise on the Fantasy. I think I like it the best of all the ships we have been on.

Rick and Dee Dee

We'll be doing our first B2B on the Fantasy in October. We haven't reached a point where we can do multiple 7 day itineraries yet, so since DH and I each had a free cruise to use, we booked the 2 five days. We also thought if you're going to do a B2B a day in Charleston in between is the best place to hang out for the day.

I'm very excited to try the smaller ship and love reading the reviews about her!

So after leaving the port we went and walked around Charleston for about an hour or so.It was around 11:45 when we arrived back at the port and saw they were letting people park now. We proceeded thru the cones again it was not very crowded at all so we got thru the cones pretty quickly. Got our boarding papers and passports checked now it was on to pay for parking which was just up ahead a few feet. Paid for parking and on to the parking building to park. That was also pretty quick got parked and walked outside where the shuttles were waiting to take us to the terminal. The shuttle ride over to the terminal was quick 5mins at the most. When we arrived at the terminal inside was pretty crowded we walked inside and went straight thru scanning those lines were moving pretty quickly. We had fttf so we asked one of the employees where we needed to go sense we had fttf she said right over to your left to the lady standing over there and she will take care of you . We walked over to the lady and showed her our fttf paper and she said follow me please. We bypassed the long lines waiting to get checked in. And she walked us and another couple right up to the check in desk. The guy at the check in desk was really nice and took all of our boarding papers and scanned our passports then gave us our sail and sign cards and told us our room was ready. We thanked him and off to the to the ship we went the whole process took less than 20mins and we were on the ship. So I would say from the time we got to the port and thru the cones parked rode the shuttle over went thru the terminal we were on the ship in 30mins or less. More to come hope I'm not boring everyone probably am lol

We also sailed on the Fantasy in the Spring and had a great cruise also. However, getting there and embarking and disembarking and getting off were a freaking nightmare. We were aware of the problems and did not get the FTTF so I guess it was our fault. Really a stupid procedure and a lengthy one and it could have caused bad memories.

We also sailed on the Fantasy in the Spring and had a great cruise also. However, getting there and embarking and disembarking and getting off were a freaking nightmare. We were aware of the problems and did not get the FTTF so I guess it was our fault. Really a stupid procedure and a lengthy one and it could have caused bad memories.

We did not get FTTF and it did take a long time to check in. However, the skies opened up and it started to pour outside and thunderstorm while we were waiting to check in, so I suppose it was better than being caught outside on the lido deck when it started pouring...LOL! :D