Departure Time at FLL from Port Everglades

Departure Time on disembarkation day got moved up to 11:30 by Delta (changed their flight schedules) on a Monday morning at FLL when we return to Port Everglades on the Enchantment of the Seas on Feb. 13, 2006. Now I know the Port practically (actually?) touches the edge of the airport property, but does this departure time look un-doable to anyone with experience on RCI at that port? And yes, I know that because we're using SkyMiles, a late return to Port leaves us on our own, not RCI's fault. This was our budget cruise amongst a series of weeklong Disney cruises, so we saved a bit on the air fare and too far to drive from ATL.

Thanks for practical, honest replies

RCCL will tell you do not book before 12noon but you should be OK with a 11:30am flight. If you are running late there are plenty of taxi's at the dock which should save you time getting on and off the bus and waiting for your luggage. One way taxi for 2 should be around $15 and it's a 10 minute drive.

That shouldn't be any problem at all making that flight. Feb. 13, 2006 is a Monday so you miss the typical weekend zoo at FLL. I'd still get early disembarkation and grab a taxi, less than 10 minutes to the terminal.

I agree, you should be OK with the 11:30 am departure. You are correct the Port Everglades and the FLL Airport are adjacent. Make sure you get the early departure luggage tags and simply be ready to go between 8:00 am and 9:00 am. This really is the best scenario, get off the ship and not have to wait forever for your flight.

Archived