Summit Sky suite questions

DelawareTom

We are going on the Summit in early Sept. We’ll be in a Sky Suite. It’s not our first cruise, but our first in any suite.

- Do I understand that they have turned Michaels Club into a sort of lounge for suite passengers?

- If so, does this include Sky Suite?

- Suite passengers can eat in Blu, I understand. Is there an upcharge for suite passengers?

- Is there any special handling for sky suite passengers at embarkation (e.g. Michaels club)?

Thanks, everyone.

We sailed in a Sky Suite last year on the Summit. You do not get Michael's Club from what I understand. That is reserved for the higher categories. You can dine in Blu but, for the most part, it is reserved for AQ. Mazy is the Maitre d' and he tries to stick to the AQ priority for Blu. It is generally not a problem getting a table but it is a perk for AQ. We were charged the $5 cover when we did dine there for dinner but not at breakfast. Don't know why the $5 is always brought up. You do get priority embarkation and do have a separate seating area with refreshments.

We sailed in a Sky Suite last year on the Summit. You do not get Michael's Club from what I understand. That is reserved for the higher categories. You can dine in Blu but, for the most part, it is reserved for AQ. Mazy is the Maitre d' and he tries to stick to the AQ priority for Blu. It is generally not a problem getting a table but it is a perk for AQ. We were charged the $5 cover when we did dine there for dinner but not at breakfast. Don't know why the $5 is always brought up. You do get priority embarkation and do have a separate seating area with refreshments.

As stated, Mazy is great and on our Sky B2B last January he seated us every time we showed up at Blu.

We were charged $ 5.00 for the first few dinners but for the majority no request for $$$$ (We tipped the staff and Mr Mazy at the end of the cruise..... best service and food we ever have been treated to)

The Sky Suites are a real notch up for anything we've experienced before...

Micheal's Club was the scene of the Elite cocktail hour ..... at least it still was this past January

Joni and Mr Mazy

302038h.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

Sky Suite guests are excluded from the Michael's Lounge, now and in the foreseeable future.

In my 2 most recent cruises, on the Equinox in April and on the Summit in May, we spent quite a bit of time in the Michael's Lounge, personally witnessing the concierges of the Michael's Lounge, on both ships, politely turning away many a Sky Suite passengers.

For now and in the foreseeable future, only guests staying in PS, RS, CS (in the case of the Reflection, obviously the Reflection suite and the Signature suites as well) and Zenith loyalty members have access to the Michael's Lounge.

<<Suite passengers can eat in Blu, I understand. Is there an upcharge for suite passengers?>>

We did get charged $5 (ostensibly for gratuities) at the Silhouettes in April 2013 when we ate dinner at the Blu once. But on the last 2 cruises (April 2014 and May 2014) with Celebrity, that $5 charge has been discontinued for suite guests.

- Do I understand that they have turned Michaels Club into a sort of lounge for suite passengers? YES

- If so, does this include Sky Suite? NO, but if you are not Elite, but stay in a suite you will probably get Elite perks which includes nightly cocktails at either the SKy Lounge or a venue of your choice with drink vouchers (certain bars are excluded).

- Suite passengers can eat in Blu, I understand. Is there an upcharge for suite passengers? Correct, you can eat there. No. There is no up charge.

- Is there any special handling for sky suite passengers at embarkation (e.g. Michaels club)? Not sure. I know for debarkation there is. Usually Normandie.