Is the Breakaway Worth It?

Hi everyone.

So this is going to be a complex question but I would love for people that have traveled on both to help me out. Lets start out with a little background.

Last year we (my family) sailed the Jade in a 2 Bedroom Haven Villa and loved it. We were luckily enough and also got to tour the 3 Bedroom Suite which was amazing. A year past and now we are looking to book another vacation but this thine some family and friends are coming along.

So the debate is weather to get a couple 2 bedroom villas on the Breakaway or get a 3 Bedroom suite and a 2 Bedroom suite on the Jewel. The obvious advantages to the Breakaway are the activities, better entertainment, extended Haven facilities and also the better decor.

But what I wonder are the advantages worth the trade offs. Are the lines very long for the activities or could we simple do a better excursion landslide ( say spilling throughout the forest rather then going on the ropes course ). Also the 3 bedroom villa would allow a place for everyone to meet and hangout (though that might be possible in the Haven Lounge??) But, the 3 bedroom suite would make for weird sleeping arrangements (family of 5, 1 solo, 1 couple).

Also, the other difference is the Breakaway goes to Bermuda vs Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel. What ports are better in your opinion? We have been to Cozumel and already know we don't like it before.

So what do you think is the right decision. It is really hard to decide. Thanks for all your help!

I have never been on the Breakaway, but I heard that you should make reservations for dinner in the MDR, as well as shows in the theater.

When we go to Bermuda, a destination we love, we go on the Dawn out of Boston.

I definitely prefer Bermuda to the Western Caribbean.

You don't have to make reservations for the main dining room. We did just fine.

And it's a great thing to just park at a port for three days. Do what you want on the island, when you want. We love Bermuda.

If you are in the Haven, you don't have to worry about any of that at all!!! They will take care of everything for you! Even your tiniest whim!!! :):)

Also the Breakaway is amazing....really, really nice!

Okay. Thanks for the help. I'm leaning toward the Bermuda since it sound like a better itinerary and the ship.

Just on more question... Is the Ultimate Dining package worth it if your staying in the Haven (the haven restaurant). I read that they will bring you up food from other restaurants at the Haven too. Do you still pay the cover charge?

Thanks

I've been on both ships and all of the ports you mentioned. I'd go with Breakaway. I was on the BA in the Haven and it was fabulous!! I was on the Jewel in an AFT Penthouse. It wasn't in the Haven but I had suite perks. I love Bermuda! I'm going back on the BA in Aug in an AFT Penthouse. When the ship is docked for the 3 days the ship is empty and I did all the activities onboard then. The sea days I stayed on the Haven sundeck. Pure bliss!!

I'm not getting the ultimate dining plan. They will bring you anything from any restaurant and you do pay the cover charge. I ate in the Haven restaurant every night.

Edited by Godiva830

Okay so I am going to book the Breakaway.

The one worry I have is should my expectations be different for the Breakaway Haven since it is bigger then the one on the Jade?

Does anyone know the best time too book. Last time we took advantage of the kids sail free promo and it was the same price of two balconies but I don't know if they have that anytime soon. Also, is there any difference between the 2 Bedroom staterooms? (are some bigger/better)?

Thanks for all the help!

Okay so I am going to book the Breakaway.

The one worry I have is should my expectations be different for the Breakaway Haven since it is bigger then the one on the Jade?

Does anyone know the best time too book. Last time we took advantage of the kids sail free promo and it was the same price of two balconies but I don't know if they have that anytime soon. Also, is there any difference between the 2 Bedroom staterooms? (are some bigger/better)?

Thanks for all the help!

i think it's personal preference. Get a separate area on a bigger ship or the more personalized but utilize the same public area on a smaller ship?

if you want to do activities on the boat, I find the smaller ships more enjoyable as the lines WILL be shorter. Not as varied, but certainly shorter. the larger boats, you can imagine there's only 1 wall for rock climbing, 1 zip line area, and potentially 4000 other people lookiung for the same set of activities.

I personally am very easy going, if i dont have an activity to do, oh well, I drink and relax. I dont mind walking around in circles either. In which case the extra haven area is nice cuz i dont have to worry as much about fighting for a place to plop.

If you stay all the time in your room, certainly the 3br on the jewel is larger thant he 2 br on the haven.

so those are the things really to consider.