Tote Bag

TxWendy

I have one word for you - Lug (luglife.com)

They have a wide array of sizes and colours of totes and other bags up to good wheeled carry on bags. The number and variety of pockets some of their bags is astonishing. They are water resistant and most have plastic covered bottoms (some even have little feet to keep them from touching the ground when you set them down).

I won't travel without them. :D

Even DH likes them :D:D

I love my Lug bag. I have one that is years old (the style is no longer available) and it still looks like the day I bought it! Oprah gave them out at one of her early Christmas give-away TV shows and I had to have it. It took me a while to save for it on my lowly salesclerk salary, but I did it. And I have loved and used it ever since. Recently, I have been looking at a smaller one to add to my "collection" of bags. My family jokingly refers to me as the "bag" lady. :D

They have a wide array of sizes and colours of totes and other bags up to good wheeled carry on bags. The number and variety of pockets some of their bags is astonishing. They are water resistant and most have plastic covered bottoms (some even have little feet to keep them from touching the ground when you set them down).

I second this. I love my Lug bags I have the rolling bag, and the large tote.

I will not check my bags, tho, so I won't be taking my rolling bag on my next trip. I will use my large tote as my carryon in flight. It is however to large to use aboard as a tote. I have a soft nylon, grocery bag type for carrying my towel, book, etc to the pool. Plus it doesn't weigh anything.

Good luck finding a tote just right for you!

I love my Lug bag. I have one that is years old (the style is no longer available) and it still looks like the day I bought it! Oprah gave them out at one of her early Christmas give-away TV shows and I had to have it. It took me a while to save for it on my lowly salesclerk salary, but I did it. And I have loved and used it ever since. Recently, I have been looking at a smaller one to add to my "collection" of bags. My family jokingly refers to me as the "bag" lady. :D

I'm embarrassed to say how many of them I have, but it is my one little weakness and they are all handy. Between sales and gift cards, I've almost never had to pay full price for one. I don't travel without my Tango travel wallet. I use the classic puddlejumper wheelie as my carry on and then my personal item depends on the length of the flight.

DH tried to steal my clamshell make up bag for his shaving stuff, fortunately I managed to pick up another one before they went out of stock. They have a small footprint and fit perfectly on the counter in the bathroom onboard.

Until the end of this month on their website, all of their remaining pieces in the Marigold Yellow colour are 60% off.

Okay so I didn't really need a new 'travel purse' - but after hanging out on the LUG website I decided I would love the mini flutter cross body - reviews are great - looks very cute and useful....but I did find it cheaper on Amazon with free shipping in Rose pink! :D:D

Okay so I didn't really need a new 'travel purse' - but after hanging out on the LUG website I decided I would love the mini flutter cross body - reviews are great - looks very cute and useful....but I did find it cheaper on Amazon with free shipping in Rose pink! :D:D

That's great. Like I said, I've rarely had to pay full price for a Lug, its just a matter of looking around for deals.

One bonus of using Lug as a carry on (or any other unique colour/pattern of bag) is its unlikely to get mixed up with someone else's.

After our last cruise, we landed at Pearson airport and grabbed the shuttle back to the Park n'Fly lot where we left our car. It was a late flight, so it was dark when we got there. DH paid for the parking and our car was brought around to us. We loaded our bags and were about to go when a woman came running over to us, asking if we had black carry on bags (we didn't - my lug wheelie is ocean blue and DH had a black & red backpack). Turns out, someone else at the Park n' Fly grabbed this woman's carry on bag, thinking it was hers and left her own behind :eek:.

Hopefully, it had the woman's contact info in it, but we drove off, so we'll never know.

• 2 months later...

I have been looking for a "dupe" for the Lo and Sons Overnight/Gym bag and I think Lug might be what I've been looking for. I'm going to study the website carefully and see which one would work best for me. I'm a carry on girl and I've ALWAYS had trouble with having a good sized purse to take on board. I usually dump everything in the Pliage tote but it is a black hole in there. These bags look awesome and I LOVE the hidden shoe pouch.