Taxi from Texas City to Galveston Port?

Eeyoregon

Has anyone recently taken a cab from/to Texas City to/from the port of Galveston?

I'm trying to get an approximate cost for budgeting purposes. I called a few of the taxi companies but they really avoid giving any rates...even though I just want an estimate or average fare...which I get since traffic and other factors will effect the final fare.

It would be for 4 adults plus luggage from the rental car office at the Sears Mall and drop off at the port of Galveston.

We have a car booked with Budget pre-cruise and Avis post-cruise.

Thanks for any help/info!

Gina

I'm looking for pretty much the same answer

Looking at renting Ford E350 from IAH for 8 of us and returning to Texas City the next day.

Same thing on the way back. Pick up the car in Texas city and return to IAH.

The price I've found is ok but not great although it is cheaper than transfers.

Looking at all options and need to consider the cost of the cab as well.

Taxi Fare Finder says it will be between $42.77 and $52.09 depending on traffic.

We did the trip from the port in Galveston to the Avis in Texas City at the beginning of May and the fare was just shy of $50 (plus tip). Quick trip and the driver knew exactly where we wanted to go.

We did the trip from the port in Galveston to the Avis in Texas City at the beginning of May and the fare was just shy of $50 (plus tip). Quick trip and the driver knew exactly where we wanted to go.

Thank you for your response! This really helps give me a ball park idea. Even at $100 for roundtrip taxi fare, we are coming in quite a bit less doing the rental car option vs any transfers that I can find + we'll have the convenience of our own car so that we can explore, etc..