balcony dividers/partition question...

Not all balcony dividers can be opened. Some will open completely, some will open only halfway, and some cannot be opened period. Your best bet is to call Carnival - they should be able to tell you if it can be opened.

Hope that helps.

I just wish all the PVP's had the same answer about which rooms will do it Grrrr

Yeah, but that's typical with any question about Carnival - call 3 different times and you'll probably get 3 different answers.

If there's two specific rooms you're looking at, let me know and I'll see what I can find out about the partition.

If you don't want to put the info here, you can email me the room numbers - jamesloyd at gmail dot com

Yeah, but that's typical with any question about Carnival - call 3 different times and you'll probably get 3 different answers.

If there's two specific rooms you're looking at, let me know and I'll see what I can find out about the partition.

If you don't want to put the info here, you can email me the room numbers - jamesloyd at gmail dot com

I was wondering the same thing. We'll be on the Splendor 7360 & 7362. Crossing my fingers we can open it up.

I just found some info... I think it will work out great!

Tink35: Here is what it says for you....

Cabin 7360 8C 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7362

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only

I just found some info... I think it will work out great!

Tink35: Here is what it says for you....

Cabin 7360 8C 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7362

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

That's great!! Thank you so much! :):)

Does anyone know if these partitions can be opened?

with the Pride, the info says each connects, but doesn't specify which on e they connect to, most likely, I'd say yes, you'll connect:

Cabin 7299 9B 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and large balcony

connecting balconies: yes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 2-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 7301 9B 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1 upper

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 2-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/pride/pride.ashx

From what I understand, and have heard on here, as long as you are not in a adjoining cabin, the dividers can be open.

For our cruise, we are in an adjoining cabin, however, it's the cabin to the right of us.

Our friends are staying in the cabin to the left of us, so these can be open.

Ironically, we have the same exact two cabins we had last year on the Breeze.:D:D

We were on the conquest a couple of years ago on the spa deck. Those very top balconies have no roof and they told us under no circumstances would they ever open those partitions. I understood it to be because of wind and safety. We booked a lower balcony a couple of decks lower this time because we cruise with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the conquest a couple of years ago on the spa deck. Those very top balconies have no roof and they told us under no circumstances would they ever open those partitions. I understood it to be because of wind and safety. We booked a lower balcony a couple of decks lower this time because we cruise with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it says here that Spa Balconies on the Conquest do not connect:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/conquest/conquest.ashx

Cruisedeckplans has all this info. Choose your ship, go to bottom left of page to Extra Information and work your way through to a description of each cabin. You don't have to join to use this feature.

Thank you for this information! I was able to see that our BFs and our balcony partition can be removed! Yahoo!! We booked so late we had to take what they had available!! Thanks!

Not all balcony dividers can be opened. Some will open completely, some will open only halfway, and some cannot be opened period. Your best bet is to call Carnival - they should be able to tell you if it can be opened.

Hope that helps.

All balcony dividers can be opened for cleaning. On the Spirit class they will only open a few because they only have a few clamps that hold the divider open towards the railings.

On the Triump/Conquest/Dream/Sunshine classes, all of the balcony dividers open for cleaning. They open towards the bulkhead (Outside wall of ship) and are secured to the bulkhead. They will only open the ones where two windows are side by side. It will block one of the windows. They will not open the ones where the divider will block the door.

From what I understand, and have heard on here, as long as you are not in a adjoining cabin, the dividers can be open.

For our cruise, we are in an adjoining cabin, however, it's the cabin to the right of us.

Ironically, we have the same exact two cabins we had last year on the Breeze.:D:D

For connecting cabins, no, the balcony dividers cannot be fully opened. However, they should open halfway so that you will be able to get back and forth between the two balconies. Not quite as good as having them opened fully, but better than nothing.

I think it depends on the ship. There's a site I used last year to check which cabins for Liberty had balconies that could open. It didn't just depend on adjoining room status. We checked ahead and got two that said they open. On Liberty 3 weeks ago. Told steward first day we wanted them open. He said we'd have to go to guest services and then they would contact him it was ok. We did, they checked, said it could open and within a few minutes of getting to the cabin he was there to open it. It was great!!!

One thing though, they normally clean balconies on last sea day. If I had not happened to be there when they were shutting partitions, they would have shut mine. As soon as I told him it was already opened, no problem.

with the Pride, the info says each connects, but doesn't specify which on e they connect to, most likely, I'd say yes, you'll connect:x

on the pride ALL balconies can be opened BUT the problem comes that only a limited amount can be opened. One party from each cabin must go to the pursers desk (ASAP-- before you even go to to your cabin) and request they be opened.

they will be opened at night during dinner or the next mornig.

also-- please note the dividers on this class of ship open to the railing so someones view will be obstructed

:D

If the balcony divider blocks a balcony door it will not be allowed to be opened. Its a safety rule

:D

If the balcony divider blocks a balcony door it will not be allowed to be opened. Its a safety rule

looking at the dream :) there are two balcony rooms together that are not joining rooms. My question is... Can the balcony partition be opened to make the balcony bigger between all the rooms or is it just some of them?

hi--the answer is--yes--yes---just ask your room steward---and the connecting balconey doors will be opened--we do it all the time when we cruise with friends or family---next door-----irene and john

i just wish all the pvp's had the same answer about which rooms will do it grrrr

here i am again--regarding the room dividers on the balcony------they all open-----dont know what some of these people are talking about----------they all open--get it-----61 cruises on carnival----irene and john

I was wondering the same thing. We'll be on the Splendor 7360 & 7362. Crossing my fingers we can open it up.

from--IRENE AND JOHN-----JUST CALL YOUR ROOM STEWARD------AND HE WILL OPEN THE DOOR UP---------MY GOODNESS-----THINK-------IN 61 CRUISES--WHEN TRAVELING WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY--ROOMING NEXDT DOOR--WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM---------IRENE AND JOHN