Booking Your Next Cruise While on a Cruise

stnic_ca

In August 2013 my wife and I took our first cruise on Carnival Freedom. We noticed that on the last couple of days of the cruise, Carnival was advertising discounts on booking the next cruise. Has anyone ever taken advantage of this? What are the pros and cons? Going to Western Caribbean in April. Seriously considering booking again.

There are really no specials as far as price. The offers on a ship are exactly the same as what you find on carnival.com. If there is a sale, it is the same sale that you can buy on land. What you DO get is $100 onboard credit for the future cruise if you book while on a cruise. So if you know what you want and would book anyway when you got home, do it while on the ship and get the $100 OBC. Just be absolutely sure that you get the type of pricing that you want - for instance early saver. The onboard representative almost screwed up (we wanted early saver) but we caught it. Also, do it early in the cruise. The line at the desk gets long a few days before the cruise ends.

Good Luck!

We booked a cruise while on the Splendor last year and there weren't any special rates, just what was on the website. We did get two cabins for a low rate with OBC because that was offered in the rate we booked, plus we got the $100 OBC credit for booking while on a cruise. We also gave the voucher to friends who decided to join us so it worked out well.

Have done the cruise purchase twice while on 2 cruises. It worked well with no problems. All the replies about the cruise purchase program are right on so go for it. It's an easy $100 savings. I gave away the 2 vouchers and made two other cruisers happy.

We do onboard bookings almost every cruise on Carnival. We always use the free access to Carnival's website to select our rate and select possible cabin choices. I write all our info up before seeing the rep at their desk. Remember, the rep can usually see more cabins available than the ten listed on our website access. Be prepared. They will be faster and you will be happier. :)

We do onboard bookings almost every cruise on Carnival. We always use the free access to Carnival's website to select our rate and select possible cabin choices. I write all our info up before seeing the rep at their desk. Remember, the rep can usually see more cabins available than the ten listed on our website access. Be prepared. They will be faster and you will be happier. :)

What money do you have to front? $50 cc hold or the $250 deposit?

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

What money do you have to front? $50 cc hold or the $250 deposit?

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

It is just like booking any where, the deposit will come off the credit card on file with S&S card.

I book one almost every time. Last week on the Legend I knew what date I wanted & cabin, just wrote it all down & gave it to Mike as soon as we ran into him. He got us all booked & we got the $150. OBC.

Char

It is just like booking any where, the deposit will come off the credit card on file with S&S card.

I book one almost every time. Last week on the Legend I knew what date I wanted & cabin, just wrote it all down & gave it to Mike as soon as we ran into him. He got us all booked & we got the $150. OBC.

Char

When I looked into booking a cruise, you could use any cc not just the one on file. I think you have to actually produce the card, they won't just charge it to the s&s card.

When I looked into booking a cruise, you could use any cc not just the one on file. I think you have to actually produce the card, they won't just charge it to the s&s card.

Correct, have done this 3 times now. Also remember that not every ship has a Future Cruise desk. Enjoy.

The deposit will be whatever the current sale demands or the basic (high, I think) deposit. It will not be posted to your S & S acct, but will be directly charged to the CC you are using onboard or another one you designate.

Be certain to check the documents closely before you debark. Several times, we have found errors. It is much easier to correct at the source. No small surprise that errors occur. Just look at the poor area they are set up. Noise, smoke, traffic and no proper seating!