Epic- Posh questions

robandlil

We're on Epic in the Fall for the Western Mediterranean. We booked an aft cabin on deck 9. Most days we are booked for all day excursions, but for sail away from Barcelona and the next day which is a sea day, the idea of a posh lounger in shade is very appealing.

Will posh sell us 2 one day passes, or do we have to buy a weeks pass?

Are there other places with cushioned loungers?

Does Posh have its own sail away party?

If so, what is included?

Thanks for your help.

I can't say for sure if they will sell one day passes since it seems that they sell out of the weekly passes so quickly. If you go to the front of ship on the 18th deck (same as posh but other side then to the front) they have plenty of cushioned loungers and they were never full on our cruise. As for the sail away party they had a couple small snacks they passed around for a few minutes then started passing out mimosas, champagne and fruit punch. However there were only 2 bartenders passing drinks and people would bombard them coming out of the back so people sitting down never got drinks. It was worth it for us throughout the week since it was nice to lay out several days and pretty much have the area and bar to ourselves!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We boarded the Epic in Rome in early June 2014 at 12:30 & had no problem getting 2 posh passes. You can buy individual days or the entire week. We opted for the full week & it was totally worth it :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on Epic 8th-15th June (boarded in Barcelona) and one of the first things I did was to go to Guest Services and purchase a week's pass for the Posh Club ($59). My on board card was swiped which gave me access to the Posh Club on Deck 18. There was the option to purchase daily,two daily etc but for me the week's pass was definitely money well spent. It was so quiet and relaxing up there with really comfy loungers with scatter cushions. The bar served drinks and took food orders and the waiter I had was the most charming man and so efficient. He knew within a day or so what my favourite drink was and I did not have to ask, it just appeared.

Only downside is that there is no pool up there and although there was a sprinkler system which would have been great to cool off under, it was not working for some reason. Still it was no problem to go down in the lift to Deck 15 for a swim even though the pools were small and often very crowded.

Hope you enjoy Epic. It is a much larger ship than I have been used to but as a solo traveller this was the best option - no single supplements and a designated lounge where all people travelling alone were able to meet up each evening and then go off for dinner, shows, entertainment together - great innovation on NCL's part.

Regards

Suron

We borded in Barcelona on June 8th and were the first to board after suite guests, we had boarding group 1 which helped. We bought it for the week so cant help there but during sail away the had mimosas , champagne, punch and canapes.

Ps Susanne got your e-mail will reply when i get home

Edited by Keith.W