Where to stay in Barcelona for a family of 4

pattle66

Just wondered if you ever found a place in Barcelona? My mom and I stayed in an apartment hotel near Sagrada Familia. We wanted off Las Ramblas because at certain times it is very noisy and crowded so we wanted to be able to take the subway to a more quiet place to sleep, then during the day go back for the fun and excitement. Not sure if you are interested in taking the subway, but I rented a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen (including a washer\dryer) for $200 per night. Great place with full amenities.

The second bedroom had 2 beds as well

http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/en/

• 2 weeks later...

We use Accor Hotels for our family of 4.

Novotel, Mercures, Ibis brands. We have used them in various European countries and had a good experience this past year. At least there is a corporate structure and no surprises at check in like key deposits, linen fees, cleaning fees, no late check ins etc....

If the regular room is not what you want they often give 50% off 2nd room. If you sign up for the Accor program you get emails alerting to specials. Right now there is a good discount in Barcelona and other Med cities. I booked a Novotel near Port and right next to the subway about 15 mins into town. Less than 100$/night family of 4. We have 6&8 year olds and they do fine on the fold out couch but teenagers or bigger kids might not be so comfortable. So the 1/2 price 2nd room works out well!