33 night Dubai-Fremantle repo fares falling

Skipper Tim

I have found agents advertising this cruise both in the UK and Australia starting around £1,850 (AU $3,299) for an inside, or less than half the best current fare available from MSC directly.

The strongly suggests that the tales of this cruise selling out within the first few days were, as suspected at the time, due to agents block-booking at discounted group rates. This was expected as the fares for the Gallipoli charter from Fremantle (the reason why the Orchestra is going to Australia in the first place) had been truly astronomical. Some agents apparently gambled that they would make a killing on this cruise once official inventory had dried up.

Whether the agents are off-loading the last of their bulk inventory or still have most of it to shift is hard to determine. Still, it is an interesting development which I thought I would share here.

Now, remove the sole-occupancy supplement and the price per day gets close to entering the realms of possibility :)

No segments have yet been made available which is probably the next development as inventory gets returned to MSC.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I guess the Solo rates for the Venice to Dubai cruise are also in the astronomical class ?

Solo-occupancy is not available at any price - other than faking a room sharer so £70 per night. Still not astronomical compared to the Fremantle-Rome charter.

Do it! I have already done Singapore to Italy via Suez and now I have committed to a 'land cruise' around the same time. I am studying hotel room locations on Google Earth as I type this.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Tim ... while we would have loved to do the Dubai to Freemantle cruise getting 33 days off work for my other half is just not feasable without taking time off with no pay, so that is a non starter. However she has managed to get 15 days off for the Venice to Dubai cruise so we are booked on that one.

33 nights departing February 21, 2015 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Orchestra

Brochure Inside $6,040

Inside $6,040

Brochure Oceanview $7,140

Oceanview $7,140

Something is screwy with the prices....I bet if I watch they will go down....as used to SOLD out.....looked at this as a nice cruise.....if gets cheap may do it.....but has to go below...$3000 US to make it attractive for us.....less than $100 per day is our mark....Ken