Float - Welcome Home from the MAASDAM

FlorenceItaly

Welcome Home Bill and Mary - I would love to hear your impressions of your first cruise on HAL. I leave next Friday for this sailing...first time on HAL.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

RCI - Rhapsody of the Seas

October 2004

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

Caribbean Princess, Sept 2005

(CC Group Cruise)

5 cruises on ncl and this one on hal and was won over we enjoy the smaller ships the ship is getting older but boy was she grand and beautiful, service great ,food excellant it was a happy crew with happy passengers it was a little cold at the vineyard but sunny skies and smoothe sailing from there you can pick up tours close to dock for about half of what ship gets portland 2plus hour trolley tour $14 ,bar harbour bus tour $20 ,halifax you can take fred the free bus up to citidal $14 plan to spend about 3 hours there then you can walk down hill and do the waterfront shopping etc on your wayback to ship we did not get to peggys cove but anyone that took it was pleased on board they supply robes in your room and a nice fruit basket if you drink wine pre order through hal ships service house red or white $14 abottle served to you at dinner when you want it we gave wine steward a couple of bucks at end of cruise because you do not get service fee pre ordering at least 5 days before or they may charge $5 late fee but still worth it it was our firt large stateroom even with a bathtub i am not a buffet person because on ships i would rather the dineing room but boy was i impressed on the firt day so i went back a few times do not miss the bbq pool side.. they start checking in at 11a.m rooms ready by 130 ,we live just south of boston got to dock about 130 there were maybe 6 people at check in that took about 2 minutes have a great time and makemany happy memories bill and marie

Bill and Marie - Thanks for the wonderful review. The information is very helpful.

I have already pre-ordered the $14 wine...1 for my room, and 2 for dining room.

It sounds like your first HAL cruise was a memorable one, and you will be booking future HAL cruises icon_smile.gif.

I am staying one day post cruise in Boston, and will drop you a note on the board upon my return. I am very excited about this cruise, and thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for the port excursion information.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

RCI - Rhapsody of the Seas

October 2004

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

Caribbean Princess, Sept 2005

(CC Group Cruise)

I am sailing Sept. 11 on the Maasdam. Everything sounds wonderful. I am a little confused about the dining room rules. Is smoking allowed in the dining room?

If so, is there a nonsmoking side?

This will be my first time on HAL. I'm looking forward to it. The itinery is just what I wanted.

Susie,

Smoking is not permitted in the Lido Dining or the Main Dining room.

You may be confusing the Lido Pool area with the Lido Dining room. They are 2 different areas but next to each other. Smoking is allowed around the Lido pool on one side. You will see the ashtrays on some of the tables. Some people do carry trays out to the pool area to eat.

Archived