ridon

ridon

We are booked on the Navigator on 22 Oct 2014 Montreal to Miami. We're in a "H" guarantee "GTY" and I don't recall what that means. We chose not to opt for a veranda due to the time of the year. Being from Florida we get the chills when the temperature drops below 70 F. Has anyone any guidance on what the weather

is normally like and is cold weather gear appropriate or will just layering suffice. Also, we're wait-listed on three (3) excursions. Is their any chance they will clear or should we book alternatives? We have over 90 days on the Navigator, and although some think it rides rough and vibrates, I enjoy the feel of a ship at sea.

I define roughness as being on a flat bottomed LST with my battalion of Marines trying to out run a typhoon in the S. China Sea.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

We are booked on the Navigator on 22 Oct 2014 Montreal to Miami. We're in a "H" guarantee "GTY" and I don't recall what that means. We chose not to opt for a veranda due to the time of the year. Being from Florida we get the chills when the temperature drops below 70 F. Has anyone any guidance on what the weather

is normally like and is cold weather gear appropriate or will just layering suffice. Also, we're wait-listed on three (3) excursions. Is their any chance they will clear or should we book alternatives? We have over 90 days on the Navigator, and although some think it rides rough and vibrates, I enjoy the feel of a ship at sea.

I define roughness as being on a flat bottomed LST with my battalion of Marines trying to out run a typhoon in the S. China Sea.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

ridon, given that you have 90 days on the Navigator, you are likely well aware of what she can "offer" in the way of roughness and vibration. Especially if you have been on a military LST in a typhoon in the S. China Sea and have no complaints! I've sailed on her in Alaska, the Baltics, the Caribbean and on your itinerary, and have had no problems for the most part. I am a wuss on ships in general, as I am seasick prone. Mostly, I just get over it.

Weather, you note you are from FLA and get the chills below 70. So I'd not only layer up, but don't forget gloves and hat, scarf and rain coat. Nothing worse than being cold on an outdoor excursion, and all the good ones are just that.

I did this itinerary starting around October 15 in 2011 from Montreal. We were blessed with wonderful weather most days, and had a couple of days when it was a mix of rain and drizzle, and I still enjoyed the tours.

As for your GTY cabin, means simply that you have no cabin number until it is assigned, you can only get bumped up from there, but it would likely not be to a balcony cabin, but who knows (seems you don't care about it anyway). I for one do not like the front of the ship with the increased movement. You are not at anchor in any port, so you don't have to worry about the sound of the anchor being dropped early in the am if you are close to the bow.

My itinerary was a bit different than yours, we had some extra stops in NE and/or Canada, no, St. John/Bay of Fundy, no Boston, 1 day only in NY, no Norfolk. I seem to remember Arcadia National Park, not on your schedule. Who could not love 2 days in NYC if you don't visit often, and 2 days in Charleston. I loved my tours in Quebec City (Walk with Horse and Carriage Ride) Sydney (Fortess Louisburg) and Halifax (don't miss Peggy's Cove). All those ports are a feast for the eye and the camera with the turning leaves, and proper sunshine. Enjoy!

Appreciate the input. Does Navigator still loan umbrellas out on a rainy day? We're wait listed on Peggy's Cove as well as the Nite tour of the Empire State Bldg. Also going early and spending two (2) nites at the Chateau St Marc near old town. Any recommendations on a Montreal tour?

Thanks again.

Yes, umbrellas are available in your suite or possibly at gangplank. I always bring a rain jacket - then both hands are free - PLUS I'm waterproof and you are too!