Need advice

angiem0217

We are traveling on a family cruise in 2 weeks. I need advice on what to do in Nassau. We have four teenagers, a 7,8 and 10 year old. We are wanting to go to a nice beach where they will all have fun that will not break the bank. Any suggestions? Or should we do a private tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My votes would be for either a day pass at Melia or Blue Lagoon.

Melia (formerly Sheraton) has 3 pools, a nice, calm beach and some non-motorized watersports like floats, kayaks, water trikes. I think it's currently $30 for adults, less for kids but I'm not sure how much less. Food and drinks would be extra.

Check your ship's excursions to see if they have an excursion for Blue Lagoon. It is a private island and includes lunch and some water toys. They also have dolphin and sea lion encounters on the island so you can see the animals swimming and playing. It's a half-hour ferry ride to the island and the ferry has very limited hours so it's better to do this through your ship, if possible.

We just returned from the NCL Gem. We were going to do the Blue Lagoon but the weather was looking like rain, so we walked to Junkanoo Beach.

It was about a 10 minute walk and the beach was nice. We rented 4 chairs, with 4 free beers and 4 shots for $40!

Grab a map on the way off the pier. They are all around.

The beach wasn't crowded at all. Our kids (9 & 7) had a blast swimming and exploring the sea life.

We bought drinks served in coconuts and had a great time.

No, i will say, it is not a super classy beach, but I would do it again. Others on the ship did the same and we all agreed, good choice!

BTW...it turned into a really nice sunny day!

I will say that Balmoral Beach, formally Blackbeards Cay was my favorite of all beaches in the Nassau port, over Blue Lagoon and the Melia. The advantage of the Melia are the pools and hot tubs. But I went to Balmoral beach when it was "Blackbeards Cay" and I see things have changed a lot over the years, including the addition of a pool, bars, and restaurants.