Please recommend search site for the Dream...

scrapperluv

Hi everyone,

I am really trying to find connecting cabins on Carnival's Dream and I'm so irritated with their site. Carnival needs to provide a search option: "need connecting staterooms" so I can see which connecting rooms are available. I'm going nuts checking every level and section.

Do you all know of another site where I can do a search and select "connecting rooms only"? You can PM me if you aren't allowed to state the name of the site on this board. The date I want is selling out fast. It's the December 21st Dream out of New Orleans.

Carnival needs to change their search options. This is the 2nd cruise I've booked with them and this part is always frustrating. Last time I called a travel agent to help but I'd hoped to do it on my own this time.

Hi all. Thanks for the advice. The problem I'm having is it's so difficult and time consuming to go level by level and individually check for connecting rooms in the forward then the middle then the aft. I'd like a search engine designed to allow us to choose connecting cabins as part of the search criteria. Norwegian (or is it royal Caribbean? ) has it and you can put in your stateroom preference and it pulls up only the ones that are AVAILABLE and connect. You don't have to spend 15 minutes looking for connecting cabins. It's so time consuming when you're considering different ships. For those of us with young children it can mean we don't chose that ship at all if we can't have connecting room because they're sold outThem we have to go through it all over again to see if the next chooce of ship has the connecting rooms we need.

Edited by scrapperluv

You could just call carnival directly. They can pull up the connecting staterooms available. At least that was my experience when we booked connecting cove balconys on the Dream a couple weeks ago.

Edited by cruzelovr

Hi all. Thanks for the advice. The problem I'm having is it's so difficult and time consuming to go level by level and individually check for connecting rooms in the forward then the middle then the aft. I'd like a search engine designed to allow us to choose connecting cabins as part of the search criteria. Norwegian (or is it royal Caribbean? ) has it and you can put in your stateroom preference and it pulls up only the ones that are AVAILABLE and connect. You don't have to spend 15 minutes looking for connecting cabins. It's so time consuming when you're considering different ships. For those of us with young children it can mean we don't chose that ship at all if we can't have connecting room because they're sold outThem we have to go through it all over again to see if the next chooce of ship has the connecting rooms we need.

We had connecting balcony rooms on the Dream this past January. I just called my PVP (or just call Carnival's 800#) and I told him I wanted connecting balconies. The PVP was able to get them exactly where we wanted them in about 1 min. I have found that calling is the easiest way to get what you want. The PVP seem to have all of the info, deals, etc. right at their fingertips. When I call, I always have Carnival's website up with the deck plan showing that way I can go right to the deck and room they are offering.

Good Luck,

Penny :)

The best way to book connecting rooms is to call them - a lot of times they do not release connecting rooms to the booking engine online, and will hold them. So here is what you do: go to a website like cruisedeckplans, and go through each deck and find the configurations that you like - make a list of your top 3 or 4 choices, and then call Carnival directly to book (or go through a PVP if you wish). I have done this a few times and it works pretty flawlessly.

I prefer CC search engine over RCCL and NCL, much easier to navigate and to customize, but you are right that is one feature they do not have. As much as I hate talking on the phone and like to stay online I would force myself to call as well.

Make a suggestion to carnival.

Every Carnival ship has a deck plan on the website and that deckplan indicates what rooms connect by a triangle between the two. Not sure why you're having trouble.

There is no indication if the balcony dividers can be opened so the balconies connect.

Cruisedeckplans has it under Extra Info at bottom left, go to the deck, go to the cabin #.

There is no indication if the balcony dividers can be opened so the balconies connect.

Cruisedeckplans has it under Extra Info at bottom left, go to the deck, go to the cabin #.

I was responding to the original question, which asked about connecting cabins - not if balcony dividers can be opened.

I prefer CC search engine over RCCL and NCL, much easier to navigate and to customize, but you are right that is one feature they do not have. As much as I hate talking on the phone and like to stay online I would force myself to call as well.

Make a suggestion to carnival.

Yes I do like that Royal Carib's site will ask you if your rooms need to connect. That's a great feature.