Bny Breakaway Balcony AC tip?

yoboy08753

We have sailed on the Gem 3 years ago and remember the cabin door had to be closed for the ac to stay on. We have also sailed on celebrity with the same thing but were able to use refrigerator magnets to make contact to trick the system to think the door was closed. We were not able to use this option on the Gem. We are booked on the Breakaway and was wondering if anyone has come up with a trick to fool the system.

We have sailed on the Gem 3 years ago and remember the cabin door had to be closed for the ac to stay on. We have also sailed on celebrity with the same thing but were able to use refrigerator magnets to make contact to trick the system to think the door was closed. We were not able to use this option on the Gem. We are booked on the Breakaway and was wondering if anyone has come up with a trick to fool the system.

You can ask the room steward for a card to keep in the slot or bring an old hotel key card.

You can ask the room steward for a card to keep in the slot or bring an old hotel key card.

Thank you, I know about that but that doesn't help with the balcony door open issue. When the balcony door is open if the card is in the T-stat it still goes off

Thank you, I know about that but that doesn't help with the balcony door open issue. When the balcony door is open if the card is in the T-stat it still goes off

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Don't know the answer to that one!

Why would you want to run the AC with the sliding glass door wide open? :confused:

I'm curious about this as well.. When you run the AC with the balcony door open, it puts a big strain on the entire ship's AC, causing your neighbors to not be able to cool off their own cabin, not to mention the environmental harm and complete waste of resources involved. Why would you do that?

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

I knew someone would ask this, we have did this on all our cruises. When the DW is getting ready to go out she needs the AC on to not sweat her azz off it is nice to keep the door cracked while me DH sits on the balcony for an hour during this process and still carry on a conversation. The world will not end if we leave the door open a bit (not wide open)with the AC on

Edited by yoboy08753

I knew someone would ask this, we have did this on all our cruises. When the DW is getting ready to go out she needs the AC on to not sweat her azz off it is nice to keep the door cracked while me DH sits on the balcony for an hour during this process and still carry on a conversation. The world will not end if we leave the door open a bit (not wide open)with the AC on

You're right the world won't end (did someone think it would?), however the AC will.

Door open - no AC, Door closed - AC, pick one and go with it. You can't always have everything.

You're right the world won't end (did someone think it would?), however the AC will.

Door open - no AC, Door closed - AC, pick one and go with it. You can't always have everything.[/quote

You know what? Forget the question was even asked GEEEESSSHHH! Back in the day when I was on these boards I guess it was different. Was looking for a simple answer to a simple question (that's how we knew about magnets on Celebrity).....not an argument

Edited by yoboy08753

Door open - no AC, Door closed - AC, pick one and go with it. You can't always have everything.[/quote

You know what? Forget the question was even asked GEEEESSSHHH! Back in the day when I was on these boards I guess it was different. Was looking for a simple answer to a simple question (that's how we knew about magnets on Celebrity).....not an argument

Makes sense to me. Ask your simple question, then read the answers you get.

There can't be an argument unless you start one.

Been that way since back in the day. GEEEESSSHHH! :rolleyes: