Getaway 5/31 Haven Aft PH #9916 Review

Thanks! The only restaurants IMHO that compare with the Haven were Cagney's and Le Bistro. The 4 cones appetizer (Les Quatre Cornets) at Le Bistro is the most flavorful app I have ever had. It compares with flavors introduced at the Chef's table. Cagney's beef is now all Argentine Beef, and is superior in quality to most land based steakhouses. But the service in the Haven restaurant eclipses all experiences of dining on board anywhere. Keep in mind the menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are always the same, save the 2 specialty nights for lobster and surf and turf. But if there is something in particular you want, just ask. if it is on board, they will get it for you. We did not dine in Ocean Blue, so I have no opinion on that. But the reviews we had already read were not particularly positive, so we did not bear the expense of it. You could dine in the Haven every day for all 3 meals and not be disappointed IMHO.

Hi. Do you know which nights were lobster night and surf and turf?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lobster night was Sunday night and surf n turf was Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW.... hope they continue to offer these options! We don't sail until February. :o

We love the Haven and the Haven Restaurant - eat there at least a couple of nights each cruise - and these are an excellent addition to the menu choices!

Thanks for sharing. :D

Continuing on..

Our first port stop was in St. Maarten, and we hired a private car with Bernard's tours. For 4 of us, it was $320, which I found to be pretty reasonable. We were greeted by Bernard and his assistant Ruth at the information center, from the pier it is about a 3 minute walk from the gangway. If you have trouble walking, or can't stand the heat (it was very hot and humid in St. Maarten), a free shuttle runs from the info center to the gangway. Our car was a 2014 Dodge Durango, with leather seats and fully loaded. Very comfortable ride. He had an ice chest in the back with rum punch, beer and water.

Vks2aI5DFK8lqvxQQWMuV7ul1mHuUD9pBfUOhjfX-C-1=w964-h723-no

There were steel drummers at the end of the pier, they were very good.

IMG_1321.JPG

Z0RxfccKaOaf3l8zzbDSkLn3scUrb0RD3UOSv1o2wtJ1=w1278-h697-no

Indigo Bay

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

On the French side, we drove through some residential areas, both rich and poor. We wanted to see the less touristy areas while we were there. Afterwards we drove to a harbor that had a huge outdoor market. We ended up walking quite a bit through this area and came upon a shopping mall.

IMG_1349.JPG

After walking in the heat, we came upon a small frozen yogurt shop. It was calle Yogen Fruz. It was very good. sorry, no pics. But here is their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yogen-Fruz-St-Maarten/267744069992295

After that the heat (more like the humidity) was getting to us, so we went back to the ship, where the crew was waiting at the gangway with ice cold washcloths and punch. Very refreshing!

We have been to Nassau so many times we decided to stay on board this time. We took a nap in our loungers on the balcony and walked along the Waterfront. We bought some chocolate dipped cannoli from Carlo's Bake Shop. OMG so good!! Unfortunately I neglected to take photos of them before they were devoured, lol.

I did get a couple shots from the Haven sundeck all the way forward when we sailed out of the harbor.

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

In closing, I can say that this was our best cruise experience so far. I am addicted to the Haven, and the suite life. Everything was so top notch, the food, the entertainment, the friendliness of the crew, the service overall. Just a simply impeccable experience!! It will be difficult for us to not have the Haven experience of the Breakaway Class ships from now on. We are looking forward to the Escape, and intend to sail her in December of 2015. I will be happy to answer any question you all may have. I have depended on CC so much in the past, I hope this review lives up to the ones I have been drawing on for the past few years.

In closing, I can say that this was our best cruise experience so far. I am addicted to the Haven, and the suite life. Everything was so top notch, the food, the entertainment, the friendliness of the crew, the service overall. Just a simply impeccable experience!! It will be difficult for us to not have the Haven experience of the Breakaway Class ships from now on. We are looking forward to the Escape, and intend to sail her in December of 2015. I will be happy to answer any question you all may have. I have depended on CC so much in the past, I hope this review lives up to the ones I have been drawing on for the past few years.

Yep...us too. Hard to even consider cruising any other way!! ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

How about you book cabin 9916 (Haven - Aft Penthouse) on the Escape??

That's the cabin we have booked for February 2016. Would LOVE to have your photo review of it in December to help tide us over until we can board!! ;) :D

How about you book cabin 9916 (Haven - Aft Penthouse) on the Escape??

That's the cabin we have booked for February 2016. Would LOVE to have your photo review of it in December to help tide us over until we can board!! ;) :D

LOL! :D We will be booking our next one soon, and it will be aft. I couldn't leave you hanging without a photo review!! :D

Thanks so much- sailing in Aug on the Breakaway in a Haven spa suite (afts were fully booked) and in Late Feb, 2015 in AFT PH on the getaway. Can't wait.

Like you I was booked in a B1 Aft But bugged my DH so much about everything I would be missing - we decided to upgrade and talked our friends into it as well. I will miss the aft view though on the BA. :(

• 1 month later...

Not a peep. There were not any noises coming from the waterfront or adjacent staterooms. As a matter of fact, this was the quietest stateroom we ever had. The only noise we did notice was the last night when they were moving luggage in the hallways, and it was not overbearing.

Not a peep. There were not any noises coming from the waterfront or adjacent staterooms. As a matter of fact, this was the quietest stateroom we ever had. The only noise we did notice was the last night when they were moving luggage in the hallways, and it was not overbearing.

Curious....have you booked the Escape yet?? ;)

Curious....have you booked the Escape yet?? ;)

Haha! Not yet, but we do plan on going in Dec 2015, lol. We just booked the Epic WC for March, we want to experience sailing her before she's off to Europe permanently.

Haha! Not yet, but we do plan on going in Dec 2015, lol. We just booked the Epic WC for March, we want to experience sailing her before she's off to Europe permanently.

We loved the Epic - our first with NCL. :D

As recommended by a couple of friends we tried NCL and the Haven with one of the 2 BR Villa Suites. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and wanted something really special!

There has been NO turning back - we went to the Breakaway and now have the Getaway and Escape booked. :eek:

Yes...my name is "happy cruzin" and I am addicted to cruising! ;) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed your review. We will be in 9916 in January. Can't wait. Do you have more pics? Would love to see them if you do. Thanks.