Getaway 5/31 Haven Aft PH #9916 Review

We loved the Epic - our first with NCL. :D

As recommended by a couple of friends we tried NCL and the Haven with one of the 2 BR Villa Suites. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and wanted something really special!

There has been NO turning back - we went to the Breakaway and now have the Getaway and Escape booked. :eek:

Yes...my name is "happy cruzin" and I am addicted to cruising! ;) :D

We would prefer to have the 2BR, it is just a bit out of our price range on the Epic sailing we are on. Besides, if we were to get the 2BR, we couldn't do the Escape in December. As long as we're in the Haven and have a place to rest our heads, we're good! :D

Here is the link to the album. The pics I posted earlier are pretty much the highlights. You are going to LOVE this suite!! :D

Great pics. Looks like you had a great time. We were in St Marten a few years ago and took Bernard's tour. Did you enjoy that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pics. Looks like you had a great time. We were in St Marten a few years ago and took Bernard's tour. Did you enjoy that?

He was our driver and guide. We chose the personal car service with him. Yes, Bernard was great, and worth every penny. He took the picture of our family with the background overlooking Indigo Bay.

No choice necessary, 9916 is a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse. Although a walk to get to the Haven, we had full haven perks. I could use the walk anyway! ;)

Right. What I meant was a tough choice whether to hang out on your balcony or motivate to the haven. I know I'll most definitely could use the walk!

Right. What I meant was a tough choice whether to hang out on your balcony or motivate to the haven. I know I'll most definitely could use the walk!

Great point, I'm a little slow today!! :)

We really like spending time on our balconies. But we spent less time on the balcony than you would think. The odd thing is having that massive balcony made me think about how much we use our balcony, and do we really need a balcony that big? We don't NEED it, but it sure was cool to have! I can live without the massive balcony, but not the haven. It's just too good of an experience all around!

Totally agree with you about the balcony. We were in 11308 in May and it was too chilly to dine out there. And because we were so far away from the Haven we always ordered breakfast in the suite off the Haven menu. Not nearly as good as fresh and hot. ;) And since we had the UDP, we never actually dined in the Haven restaurant. It was my one disappointment.

But no worries....We're getting a do-over on the Escape on Dec. 5, this time in an H5. :D

Thank you for the lovely review!

Alison

That was the best balcony we've ever had.

WOW!!!!!!

We will be in 12304 in late Feb, 2015- I can't wait to see that balcony!!

FYI- we were in haven spa suite on BA last week. Didn't think we would use the thermal suites but it was fantastic! We went almost every afternoon just before our glass of wine and nap :D

WOW!!!!!!

We will be in 12304 in late Feb, 2015- I can't wait to see that balcony!!

FYI- we were in haven spa suite on BA last week. Didn't think we would use the thermal suites but it was fantastic! We went almost every afternoon just before our glass of wine and nap :D

We will be in 12304 Oct 2015! I look forward to hearing your review of the room:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just booked that room for Sept. 2015!!!

Curious - did you pre-order that cake?

Yes we pre-ordered the cake. We could only eat about 1/4 of it between the 2 of us. It was pretty big and very rich, although went very well with the coffee from the Lavazza machine! :)

Congrats on your booking!