A new ship for Princess in 2017?

caribill

No 'Everything' thread or commentary on Britannia. She's already built and in final stages of fitting out. And there's ZERO chance I'll ever sail her - she's 'not my cup of tea' anyway.

But as you have hinted at, my energy is best saved for the next three ;) Royal-class new-builds for Princess Cruises. Hopefully I'm still around. lol

:D

Sorry wasn't clear enough. I was thinking an "everything" for the new Princess ship. If you thought of another Maiden sailing maybe we can try to book the same cruise. Hope to meet you face to face some day. :D

Marty

Dave;

I'm sure your initial reactions were just as surprising as mine were. I think the OS suite had a great deal of influence on my overall cruise experience. I'll admit, as I did earlier, that it caused me to judge my total cruise experience more harshly than I probably should have.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, we felt the same way as you when our judgment of the Royal was not good due to our soot problem. Princess did make it right for us and I truly give them props for that. There were a few other issues, but they were mostly due to the nastiness of some of the people aboard. We sailed with 3 wonderful couples and had a great time after ignoring the "nasty" passengers.

Would I sail the Royal again? Probably not. But I must say to others that have sailings in the near future, the Royal is a beautiful ship, our crew was fantastic and the food was very good in all the venues.:)

I am sticking to the Grand Class. :D We have a cruise on the Coral in the distant future. I have read nothing but good things about her here on CC, and look forward to sailing that type of ship.:)

Having been on both Royal Class ships now and in cabins midship I have yet to see an issue with the lack of a central stairway. It only takes 1 minute to walk to either the forward or aft stairway. In addition, if one is really bent on taking the stairs then why would they complain about a 1 minute walk? The only time the stairway would have been nice would be during Muster Drill to ease the congestion at the other stairways, but that's only once a voyage.

You must be one of the fastest walkers on earth. :D

Oh btw- the central stairs is open for muster drill.

.....stairway wasn't used that much and the expansion of the Atrium space would be better used by passengers to hangout and enjoy the activities there.....

Oh btw- the central stairs is open for muster drill.

Yes, we have used it for muster. And having the stairs unfinished in no way adds space to the atrium.

Edited by UpcountryTravelers