New Your Pier parking

broadway13

Parking at the pier is $ 40 a day. But you just drop off your bags on the roof. Park your car. Take the elevator to ground level. Give your bag to the porter and get on line for check in. Doing the reveres when you get back. You have to weigh the difference in time and conventions to the difference in prices

I personal feel that I am just less stretch out and in a better place to start a cruise then having to deal with NYC. Parking is not going to be free. Taxi, ferries, trains are also not free How much are you actually going to save? That the question....

Also don't forget the parking garages in Manhattan has a weekly rate of $20 a day but they add taxes that you will not believe anywhere from $10 to $20 of tax a day. You have to get total cost with tax.

Edited by jakeT

Depending on where in NJ you are.

You could also check into parking at a bus or rail-train station ext parking and take the train/bus into Penn Station and grab a taxi to the port. I did this twice with my dad. Saved a bunch.

Leaving in July any suggestions for parking other than at the pier. is there parking close that we can walk to ship. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

I don't know how many or if you need assistance in traveling, but if you live near a NJ Transit park-n-ride you can take the bus into Port Authority and it's just a short cab ride to the pier.

That's what we are doing, but it's just the two of us. Last year there were 6 of us, including my dad in a wheelchair and stepmom in a walker, so we chose to park at the pier. But I cannot justify the expense to drive all the way to New York City and park when I can hop on a bus for a fraction of the cost.

Parking at the pier is $ 40 a day. But you just drop off your bags on the roof. Park your car. Take the elevator to ground level. Give your bag to the porter and get on line for check in. Doing the reveres when you get back. You have to weigh the difference in time and conventions to the difference in prices

I personal feel that I am just less stretch out and in a better place to start a cruise then having to deal with NYC. Parking is not going to be free. Taxi, ferries, trains are also not free How much are you actually going to save? That the question....

Also don't forget the parking garages in Manhattan has a weekly rate of $20 a day but they add taxes that you will not believe anywhere from $10 to $20 of tax a day. You have to get total cost with tax.

Wow and I thought 35 bucks a day was huge ripoff.

I would find a place in NJ to park cheaply, take bus or train into port authority and cab to pier. Wow $ 320 bucks to park for 8 day cruise.

Wow and I thought 35 bucks a day was huge ripoff.

I would find a place in NJ to park cheaply, take bus or train into port authority and cab to pier. Wow $ 320 bucks to park for 8 day cruise.

It's $40 now!??!?!? We just cruised this past November and it was "only" $35 a day. Wow! For $320 bucks you could sail solo last minute on the 8-day cruise!

It's $40 now!??!?!? We just cruised this past November and it was "only" $35 a day. Wow! For $320 bucks you could sail solo last minute on the 8-day cruise!

Picked that up from JakeT above. DW complained a bit when we left our car by my mom by route 9 and took bus into city and than taxi to pier to save $ 30 per day.

Thought $ 240 was outrageous and now _____.

It is the best place to park, parking in Manhattan parking lots are expensive and a lot of them stack their cars(bring them on elevators and fit them into slips) .I would not feel that my car was safe there. Even though it is outdoor parking the lot is gated once the ship leaves and there is security on the premises. Max fee for parking is 280.00 for the week. So whether you are going 7 or 8 days fee is the same. Have parked there about 7 times and no problems (other than the price)

It is the best place to park, parking in Manhattan parking lots are expensive and a lot of them stack their cars(bring them on elevators and fit them into slips) .I would not feel that my car was safe there. Even though it is outdoor parking the lot is gated once the ship leaves and there is security on the premises. Max fee for parking is 280.00 for the week. So whether you are going 7 or 8 days fee is the same. Have parked there about 7 times and no problems (other than the price)

Nice that they cap it at 280 but to me the problem is the price.