Room Noise

wrl001

We are going to Alaska on Regatta in June 2015. We have reserved one of the two Concierge cabins that are mid-ships Deck 8. The room has a door to an adjacent penthouse cabin.

Can you hear through the doors? Thanks

We are going to Alaska on Regatta in June 2015. We have reserved one of the two Concierge cabins that are mid-ships Deck 8. The room has a door to an adjacent penthouse cabin.

More-so than in a Cabin without the adjoining doors, yes.

Change cabins if you can. Alaska cruises may have children and you may have

the bad luck to have them as neighbors Roy you could just have noisy adults.

I worried about exactly the same thing on our last 24-day Nautica cruise when we were in a PH with a door to the adjoining room, and it turned out one of the two children aboard was staying in that room. We only heard any noise from that room one night for a few minutes, and it was minor (sounded like a somewhat loud family discussion).

Edited by TKS

We had the PH next to the Concierge staterooms you mention. Yes, without doubt you will hear noise, especially the TV which our neighbours switched on every morning, very early, at loud volume. We knew about the interconnecting door when we booked and were assured by our TA - who asked Oceania - that we would not be inconvenienced by any noise! Well, my first comment was, they would say that wouldn't they! Just think the same as any interconnecting doors in any hotel room - sometimes you hear noise, other times not.

Thankfully, this cruise we were out and about a lot, and off the ship, but I would never have a interconnecting stateroom again. We had a quiet word with our butler who I'm sure was instrumental in having the TV volume turned down, but you could still hear it and it did wake us up.

Sometimes I think people just have no idea how loud they are, or how loud they have the TV on.

Second thankfully - we heard no other, em, "matinee" noises, if you catch my drift!