Early saver question

We are going to book early saver. We are taking my mother with us and getting 2 cabins. We are going to put one of the kids in her cabin to reduce her fare which ends up saving her about $300. My question is what would happen if she had to cancel her cruise but we still went? How much trouble would it be to move the kid back into our room. Is carnival going to let us do this?

alot of factors to consider. If she is booking Early saver too then she would loose $50 and her deposit would be held for a future cruise. If she cancels after final payment then it would be best to be a no show because she would get nothing back anyway (unless she has insurance). Are connecting rooms available so you could keep the second room and utilize it for the kids (you didn't say how many kids you are bringing) They "could" let you bring the child into your room only if the room is capable of holding the extra passenger and it is possible you would have to change rooms to make that possible. Booking early saver can be a little tricky if there is a possibility that there might be a cancellation.

Booking early saver can be a little tricky if there is a possibility that there might be a cancellation.

Agreed.

There are reasons to book Early Saver(ES) and reasons to not book ES.

Yours sounds like a case where booking ES should be avoided (too much at risk vs. the benefit you may or may not get).

As well, the benefit of ES is to get price drops (after final payment date) if the cruise isn't selling well. That used to work very well. However, recently in my experience, all the price drops I've seen on my cruises have stipulations (pack N go for example) that don't allow ES to apply, so the benefit is pretty minimal. As the consumer gets smarter, so does the business. :p

GP

Agreed.

There are reasons to book Early Saver(ES) and reasons to not book ES.

Yours sounds like a case where booking ES should be avoided (too much at risk vs. the benefit you may or may not get).

As well, the benefit of ES is to get price drops (after final payment date) if the cruise isn't selling well. That used to work very well. However, recently in my experience, all the price drops I've seen on my cruises have stipulations (pack N go for example) that don't allow ES to apply, so the benefit is pretty minimal. As the consumer gets smarter, so does the business. :p

GP

I concur, I just missed out on 200.00 as they have a lower price for oceanview but it's a guarantee room and I did pick my cabin. Irks me they call it something to avoid price protection. The person next to me may pay less but I have price protection. Just not right. Can they do this and should have I read the whole contract? I did, just didn't imagine how much would be under "special promotions". So they call it super saver, instant saver, pack and go, or only odd number rooms aft and you do not qualify. There is a consideration of Good Faith when they advertise differently than they intend.