OBC Distribution

VickiD59

For our upcoming cruise many of the cabins in our group have accumulated OBC for a variety of reasons; early booking promo, cabin type, price drops, etc. On the documents for my cabin, it lists the OBC under hubby's name. This is not a problem as we'll be sharing expense acct/credit card.

But for those sharing cabins with friends (like my son) and will be keeping their on-board accounts separately, is the OBC they've accumulated as a cabin, distributed evenly amongst the people in the cabin? When we sailed on Carnival we had the same situation, and anytime OBC was added, it was automatically divided evenly between those in the cabin - I noticed on the edocs, NCL lists it all under the person whose name is the first to appear on the booking.

Will it be evenly divided automatically, or is this something we have to deal with once on board?

It goes on the first person on the bookings account...to get it split, they will need to go to the pursers desk and fill out a form!

That is not necessarily true. This past November we sailed on the Epic with my family in one cabin and my Mother and travel buddy in another cabin. Our obc was understandably left as is. However the obc for DM and friend was split evenly between the two of at check in. The two "Golden Girls" (mother and friend) set up individual cc for their on board expenses, not sure if this was why but we didn't need to do anything. All was taken care of at the check in counter in Miami. The shared obc was no big deal for them and were planning to just split it anyway but the credit was evenly divided at check in with out even requesting it.

So far we have one NAY and one YAY ... anyone care to be the tie-breaker? ;)

I don't think you should take my experience as final word, but ..... Whoever it's listed under on the Amenities Confirmation (if you don't have one, just call and ask) is who it's credited to. We've found that it is typically split between the first two passengers on a reservation. If it's not credited to the right person, filling out the form is easy - I've done that, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is not necessarily true. This past November we sailed on the Epic with my family in one cabin and my Mother and travel buddy in another cabin. Our obc was understandably left as is. However the obc for DM and friend was split evenly between the two of at check in. The two "Golden Girls" (mother and friend) set up individual cc for their on board expenses, not sure if this was why but we didn't need to do anything. All was taken care of at the check in counter in Miami. The shared obc was no big deal for them and were planning to just split it anyway but the credit was evenly divided at check in with out even requesting it.

OBC is applied to accounts onboard after the ship has sailed. The check-in agents (employees of port contractor) have nothing to do with it.

I noticed on my Breakaway cruise that NCL OBC is split per person and any extra OBC from your TA is tied to person who name is on the amenities confirmation. Also, the OBC from the future cruise reward thing is tied to a person and not split.

The promo OBCs have always been split between the first two passengers in the cabin (in our case). As someone else stated the Future Cruise Credit has been placed on the confirmations when booking future cruises under the person's name that bought it.

We booked with PVP - we're 11 cabins with 25 fares, and we've accumulated a 125.00 per cabin "group" credit which is listed as a "gift" on our vacation summary, under the name of the first person listed in the cabin. Also, depending on the type of room booked, each cabin has a promo credit which is listed as "OBC".

Given the varying answers to my original question, I'm assuming the cabin promo "OBC" will be divided equally at check-in, but the group "gift" credit that is listed under the first passengers name, will have to be dealt with at guest services with a form. Possibly... maybe :rolleyes:

Given the varying answers to my original question, I'm assuming the cabin promo "OBC" will be divided equally at check-in, but the group "gift" credit that is listed under the first passengers name, will have to be dealt with at guest services with a form. Possibly... maybe :rolleyes:

As I said earlier, nothing regarding OBC is dealt with check-in, you're wasting your breath trying to ask anything about it in the terminal.

You'll see how the OBC will actually be distributed on second or third day of the cruise after OBC has been applied to accounts - just check the accounts on cabin TV (Gem and newer ships) or ask the printout from Guest Services on all older ships. :)

For our upcoming cruise many of the cabins in our group have accumulated OBC for a variety of reasons; early booking promo, cabin type, price drops, etc. On the documents for my cabin, it lists the OBC under hubby's name. This is not a problem as we'll be sharing expense acct/credit card.

But for those sharing cabins with friends (like my son) and will be keeping their on-board accounts separately, is the OBC they've accumulated as a cabin, distributed evenly amongst the people in the cabin? When we sailed on Carnival we had the same situation, and anytime OBC was added, it was automatically divided evenly between those in the cabin - I noticed on the edocs, NCL lists it all under the person whose name is the first to appear on the booking.

Will it be evenly divided automatically, or is this something we have to deal with once on board?

It gets split between the first 2 people in each cabin. When I get a cabin for my daughter and her friend, I tell either our PCC or TA to make sure the OBC is credited only to my daughter, and we've never had a problem.