SOLOS Check your 1As

maryann2

I am booked on the Splendor in October and noticed yesterday that there is no solo supplement for the 1As.

This is only the 1As as regular insides (4A) are still 200% supplement.

Hope this is a new policy for solos. Better than the previous 150% supplement for 1As.

I am happy to see these great solo deals come up, but unfortunately I dont have the flexibility to book these deals, as I have to put in my vacation dates a year in advance. I would be happy even if they just brought back the ability to book certain 1a's at 150pc rate like before. But I am on countdown to retirement, and then, woohoo....will make full use of these deals, hopefully they are still around in two years.:)

It is refreshing to see that Carnival is bringing some of its solo passengers back into their booking 'radar' again.

I could probably do a mock booking to get the answer, but I'll take the 'lazy route' and just ask it here . . . for those 1A cabins that have been specially priced, is there still the Double Deposit thing going on??

Thanks for any answer(s).

It is refreshing to see that Carnival is bringing some of its solo passengers back into their booking 'radar' again.

I could probably do a mock booking to get the answer, but I'll take the 'lazy route' and just ask it here . . . for those 1A cabins that have been specially priced, is there still the Double Deposit thing going on??

Thanks for any answer(s).

No. Only $50 deposit total. The sale ends today (supposedly) so I don't know what it will be tomorrow.

No. Only $50 deposit total. The sale ends today (supposedly) so I don't know what it will be tomorrow.

I just book today. I only put 50 dollar s down

:( Well darn, it must have ended earlier in the day today.

Mock booking showed $250 deposit due on the 1A being checked, and a call to CCL verified that's what it would be as well.

Life goes on.

I just book something in October on Splendor. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Glad to help.

Carnival Freedom

December 7

(Reservationist @ CCL said was only for sailings prior to end of October)

I saw a post yesterday about the same on the Glory end of November so think you just need to play around with ships and dates.

Big price drop Glory 11/29/14 - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Perhaps a 'blessing in disguise', as I found something I think will be much better for me, and certainly less potential stress on the ol' ticker. :)

The December sailing was basically calling my name because (1) I'd like to see the upgrades to Carnival Freedom, a ship I've enjoyed several times in the past, and (2) It was the nice personal 'challenge' the booking would create. It would have been a back-to-back-to-back . . . but three different ships, different lines, each docked at three different ports, and no blank days in between. :eek:

Pretty hard to beat that IMO!

Agreed. ;)

I just found it visually interesting to see the 78% deposit due on a base sailing of $319 (pre-tax) for a December sailing.

So I went with something definitely more expensive, and definitely less stressful in the planning/execution. :)

I am booked on the Splendor in October and noticed yesterday that there is no solo supplement for the 1As.

This is only the 1As as regular insides (4A) are still 200% supplement.

Hope this is a new policy for solos. Better than the previous 150% supplement for 1As.

Who is getting a solo cabin for 150%. I'm on Magic @ 9-28 and I'm paying

200%. Did I not get the memo?

Also I have been referring to the list that Carnival list when you search under

"solo". Most of those dates don't go past July at the latest. Is there another way or list to look at for solo deal?

Thanks in advance,

JT

Who is getting a solo cabin for 150%. I'm on Magic @ 9-28 and I'm paying

200%. Did I not get the memo?

Also I have been referring to the list that Carnival list when you search under

"solo". Most of those dates don't go past July at the latest. Is there another way or list to look at for solo deal?

Thanks in advance,

JT

There was no memo and not on any list as far as I know. My PVP was not even aware.

The Splendor is still showing no solo supplement for Sept and Oct - only for the 1As though.

You just have to play around with the ships and dates by doing fake bookings.

It looks like there are some cruises out of Miami in Sept/Oct that also have no supplement on the 1As. Hoping for something out of Port Canaveral - will keep looking.

I am about to book one of these deals in July too. I was able to take advance of this during May but never thought they would run this promotion during the summer. I sure hope they continue it. It makes solo cruising much more affordable (and I can go more often!!)

I too, have been seeing a lot more single opportunities at a fair rate. Mostly have to be booked later on in the time frame. Paradise out of Tampa has recently been offering nice pricing, as well as Fantasy class from Pt Canaveral. Would love to see something great on 01Nov 2014 Splendor repositioning cruise from San Juan to Miami. Stops are St Croix, Martinique, Grenada, Dominica and Grand Turk. Eight nights and mostly off the beaten path ports. On a side note, NCL Epic doesn't really do much for solos with their studio cabins. For a bit more money, a regular cabin can be had with a lot more space.

It appears that many solo rates for later this year have recently been released. Just booked the Freedom for 12/7, 6 nights at $319.

I agree . These are great rates for solos in the 1As. The Freedom. Glory, Conquest etc.