Mother/Daughter Dresses Formal Enough?

brezzie

My daughter and I have these matching dresses that I found on sale and just had to buy. We have never had a chance to wear them and I would like to have some opinions of them for formal night. I do plan on better hair than the picture and cute shoes and jewelry.

110765856_MotherDaughterDresses.jpg.92a1cbcc5517cc69a96a8fd36a6af421.jpg

I guess it depends on the cruise line you're going on. I think they're really cute dresses, but perhaps better for a semi-formal night, or even a casual night with cute sandals. Also, is that the color of the dresses? Just my opinion, but I think they're too casual for a formal night. I'd be interested in hearing what others say, though.

Esther

They are very cute dresses & you should bring them on the cruise. You will both look lovely. They are not formal however & should be worn on any other night. I do think they are dressier than "casual".

Enjoy.

Ok, here goes...I just got off the Navigator of the Seas, this past Saturday. There was a family...mom and daughter in similar matching dresses, dad and son, in khaki's with matching long sleeve button down shirts. I thought, they were too casual for Formal night, but then watched them posing for their pictures, and thought to myself...what a great night to wear the outfits since you only get professional photo's taking on Formal Nights!

I say go for it, and take some great pictures!! Nobody really care what anyone else is wearing...and if they do...too bad for them!!!

Ollie:)

Thank you so much! This is our first cruise (myself, husband, daughter (9), son (6), and my father) and I was not sure how formal we should go. I have several formal dresses that I have worn to company Christmas partys and such but I guess I was just looking for an excuse to wear these. We will definitely take them for another night. I would like to dress up and eat in the dining room our last night on the ship. The picture thing would have been nice thought!

Thank you so much! This is our first cruise (myself, husband, daughter (9), son (6), and my father) and I was not sure how formal we should go. I have several formal dresses that I have worn to company Christmas partys and such but I guess I was just looking for an excuse to wear these. We will definitely take them for another night. I would like to dress up and eat in the dining room our last night on the ship. The picture thing would have been nice thought!

On my last Voyager cruise, they had picture taking opportunities other than on formal nights, so just watch for those.

They look like gorgeous dresses, and would look super in a nice family portrait. Why not put them on for "formal" night and just think of it as "photo" night - if you feel conspicuous and too casual after having the photos taken, then just eat in one of the other venues...... I always view it as the perfect photo evening.

I have also had pictures taken in less-than-formal wear on the formal night and was never asked to leave the queue or given any grief by the photographer - after all they are still making their money - since when are they the fashion police??? JMHO

They look like gorgeous dresses, and would look super in a nice family portrait. Why not put them on for "formal" night and just think of it as "photo" night - if you feel conspicuous and too casual after having the photos taken, then just eat in one of the other venues...... I always view it as the perfect photo evening.

I have also had pictures taken in less-than-formal wear on the formal night and was never asked to leave the queue or given any grief by the photographer - after all they are still making their money - since when are they the fashion police??? JMHO

Formal night dinners in the dining room are often some of the best of the cruise; I would not choose to dine casually on those nights.

As a previous poster noted, there is no lack of opportunities for formal family portraits to be taken.

JMHO

Archived