Marriott hotels in Amsterdam

My sister and I are taking a Celebrity cruise from Amsterdam in Sep 2015. We are doing research now to be prepared when the Sep 2015 reservations open. Would appreciate comments and recommendations on Marriott properties in Amsterdam.

We stayed in one 2 years ago. Quite European on the outside, modern and redone on the inside...Great breakfast and the rooms are big, nice bathrooms.... great location, and laundry on every floor.!! We stayed there 3 nights before our Celebrity cruise.

Marriott Hotel is close to the museums and Leidseplein.

Renaissance is close to Central Station and not too far from the cruise terminal.

Public transport in Amsterdam is easy and frequent.

Also it is a easy to walk around.

My sister and I are taking a Celebrity cruise from Amsterdam in Sep 2015. We are doing research now to be prepared when the Sep 2015 reservations open. Would appreciate comments and recommendations on Marriott properties in Amsterdam.

I stayed 3 nights at the Renaissance and would recommend it. I am a do-it-yourself tourist and I found the location to be great. I was able to walk from the hotel to all the sites I wanted to see. It was also close to the train station, which I used for a day trip to Brugges. I also chose to walk to the cruise port on embarkation day. Anne Franke house is also not far. Canal cruises start nearby as well. All-in-all, I had no complaints about my choice.

We stayed at the Marriott for a few days prior to our Celebrity cruise two years ago. We could walk almost anywhere. If you have status with Marriott, another huge perk is access to the hospitality room for complimentary drinks and excellent appetizers, which we frequently called dinner.