Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda Good/Bad/Ugly June 6-13 2014

First one was about 5pm second one was about 630 I believe, we had early dining and had to see the Annapolis bridge from the dining room.

On the May 30 sailing out of Baltimore we passed under the Key Bridge at 4:44 pm (time stamp on my photo).

Thanks, I appreciate the info!!

Lynda

After eating we made our way back to the pier to await the Glass Bottom Boat. Some people mentioned that all tours had been cancelled. We waited around as more people who were booked on the began to show up, and many from the ship. Shortly before departure time, someone from Shore Excursions came out to advise us that all tours were cancelled and they were refunded already. They said an announcement was made on the ship. Guess if you were on board you may have heard the message.

Monday's plan was to do the Scenic St George tour and then go to Hamilton. Tour was listed as 2 1/2 hours and to allow 45 minutes each way for the ferry. Ok no problem. Meeting time was 10 am outside the ship. We were given round trip Ferry tickets and told to be in line for the ferry at 11 for an 1130 am departure, here is another 90 minutes. Shore Excursions needs to adjust the time of this tour in the descriptions.

The OP said he had early dining and slow service.

Did you also have the slow service in early dining, 2thesea? Or was it MTD or late?

We have MTD on our B2B next month. I am hoping MTD is not taking 2 1/2 hours, else the lines will be long and the people cranky (almost certainly including DH, maybe me, too). Any feedback about recent MTD experiences would be appeciated.

We had late dinning (8p) and it was SLOW every single night! The only night we experienced "on time" service was the night we sat at the Captain's Table….service and timing was spot on that night :p

We had late dinning (8p) and it was SLOW every single night! The only night we experienced "on time" service was the night we sat at the Captain's Table….service and timing was spot on that night :p

We were on the May 30 departure on Grandeur. We had MTD and did not a have more than a few minutes wait at any time. The service was good and one night we were out in about an hour. Like any restaurant the service can be slow or fast. We usually arrived between 7 & 8 and had a table for two. I think service takes longer in traditional dining because everyone is seated at once. Also service for large tables takes longer.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you both for the feedback. It sounds like early and late dining were slow on recent sailing, while MTD was OK on Gianna's sailing. We sometimes do MTD and sometimes early dining. This time we took MTD. Based on these reports, I am glad we did.

The staff was excellent during the ship. We had 5:30 dining in MDR and were always out of there by 6:50. Quick and excellent service. One meal at Chops...where I devoured the 18 oz porterhouse. As for food, there was no prime rib.. sirloin tip was the substitute. We were told the shipments were packaged incorrectly. Loved Brad Cummings and his Terry Fator like show. As for Bermuda, we toured the dockyard sunday evening, went to Horseshoe Bay beach on Monday (this beach is a must!) We have been to St Johns, Hawaii, etc, but Horseshoe and its pink sand is the best. Another must is the Maritime museum at the dockyard.... 10 bucks for seniors. the bus to Horseshoe is No. 7, bus to Hamilton is No. 8. Finished 2nd in quest, 1st in sports trivia, and 2nd in majority rules.

Small ship, small rooms, but large good time. anything else?