Champagne at embarkation?

Faircliff

It is been a number of years since I cruised on Celebrity and my sister and I are considering doing it again. One of the things that made it special both times we did it before was being handed a glass of champagne or a Mimosa as we walked aboard the ship. We aren't big drinkers by any means but we found this a nice touch which set the pace for the rest of the service aboard the ship. We did not find this to be the case on one of the other lines we cruised on... And the service on that cruise reflected it. Given all the changes in recent years and cutbacks, do they still offer the glass of champagne when you board on Celebrity? We would be sailing out of Vancouver or Seattle to Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We did a sparkling wine/champagne seminar on Constellation a few years back and we found out - by tasting- there is a HUGE difference between the cheap stuff and the good stuff:)

Oh yes, there is indeed ! "Huge" is even an understatement.;)

Blimey - rain on her parade why don't you :confused:

To be handed a glass of anything, champagne or sparkling wine aside, is a nice touch, and one that is a nice start to your holiday.

Having been on other lines, who come around with glasses of fix at sail away, hand you one, and then the person behind is thrusting the bill for you to sign after you've taken it, I think Celebrity are still doing their best to start to your cruise on a high note.

Edited by Lovemychoos

Having been on other lines, who come around with glasses of fix at sail away, hand you one, and then the person behind is thrusting the bill for you to sign after you've taken it, I think Celebrity are still doing their best to start to your cruise on a high note.

Wow. That's terrible. What lines do that, so I can be alert.

Just wanted to address the Champagne vs. Sparkling Wine difference for those who don't know. Champagne is a sparkling wine that happens to come from the Champagne region of France. It is considered the "gold standard" when you are discussing this type of product and as someone pointed out it is typically the most expensive. The thing to keep in mind is sparkling wines are produced most everywhere but only champagne comes from the Champagne region of France.

Whatever:rolleyes: It is a nice touch whether it is sparkling wine or not!:D! I sure can't tell the difference anyway:eek:

There may be a huge difference between champagne and sparkling wine but it does not make champagne better, it is all down to personal taste, I don't like the expensive champagnes :D

Exactly - and the point I was also trying to make was that it's nice to be given a drink when you board - whether you like it or not, or feel it's rubbish, you still get handed a drink and welcomed on board, which give a good first impression IMHO