Upgrade

Angela61280

Can you upgrade on debarkation day if something is available? I get that I'd have to pay the difference, but say a balcony or a suite that isn't booked yet to upgrade. Is that possible or likely? Has anyone ever done it?

Can you upgrade on debarkation day if something is available? I get that I'd have to pay the difference, but say a balcony or a suite that isn't booked yet to upgrade. Is that possible or likely? Has anyone ever done it?

Debarkation is when you get off the ship. Are you doing a Back to Back?

I don't have any experience trying to upgrade on embarkation (getting on the ship) day, but I have frequently seen signs saying the ship is full, no upgrades are available.

We tried to upgrade at check in and was told I would need to ask at Guest Services once onboard. When I got onboard, I was told that the ship was sailing full but to check back after sailaway. I was assuming it was in the event of any no shows. Unfortunately there was nothing available.

From what I gather, it's rare for upgrades to be available as most of them are done prior to sail date.

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

If you already know you want to upgrade, why not do it now rather than wait until your sail date?

I am with Lisichka, if you want to upgrade do it before you get to port. Remember ship usually sail full and there will be very limited choices as you get closer to sailing. We are very picky about location. I would take an inside located where I want over a balcony in a "bad" location. Happy cruising.